Procurement Support Specialist – Global Logistics Procurement
“I want a unique opportunity to be part of a global team where I can fulfill my potential and deliver value to the business”
Nestrade Procurement Division, Panama
Temporary contract via agency, 6 months
Only Panamanian nationals and/or holders of a valid work permit will be considered.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Do you want to work in an international and diverse environment?
We are looking for young and entrepreneurial talents who are keen to learn and develop. What we offer is the opportunity to be part of our new Global Procurement Division in one of our newly created hubs, and gain invaluableexperience within theworld’s largest Food and Beverage Company.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Support strategic buyers in tactical/operational activities (contract creation, price requests, cost model development & implementation, project follow-up) and in Business Partnering with markets.
- Actively participate in regional tenders in Latin America for Freight Forwarding as well as International Road Transportation services, with exposure to the entire RFI and RFP process.
- Support the regional strategic buyers in organizing and defining the negotiation strategy with global logistics suppliers.
- Develop effective communication skills by maintaining both internal and external stakeholders informed of the progress related to the different tenders.
- Run optimization scenarios related with the International Road Transportation tender in order to propose the best possible balance between financial and service metrics for final carrier selection.
- Support in automatizing of procurement tools in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to Nestlé's Corporate Business Principles, policies and standards.
What are we looking for?
- University degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Supply Chain and/or Engineering.
- 1-3 years of experience in an analytical role ideally related to procurement.
- Ability to work in an international and complex environment.
- At ease with different IT systems (SAP Ariba, Excel, Power Point).
- Strong hands on experience of MS Excel.
- Understand business objectives and ensure alignment with procurement functions of support.
- Exposure to Global Logistics is a strong asset.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills.
- Fluent in English, another language will be an asset.
Procurement at Nestlé:
To ensure that Nestlé achieves its objective of sustainable growth, a new Procurement Division was just created with hubs in Switzerland, Panama and Malaysia. They provide a range of services, including the management of procurement for specific raw materials, packaging, indirect materials and other services. The hubs also support markets with managing local spend.
Who are we?
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. It is present in 189 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 323,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
We enhance lives with science-based nutrition and health solutions for all stages of life, helping consumers care for themselves and their families. This reflects our conviction that the people are our most important asset. We make sure our employees feel this every day.
If you want to make a difference apply directly in English at www.nestle.com/jobs.