Global Procurement Manager
Generic Equipment -
“I want a unique opportunity to be part of a global team where I can fulfill my potential and deliver value to the business”
Nestrade Procurement Panama
Temporary contract up to December 2019, 100%
Please note that for this role you will need to hold a valid local working permit or local passport
Who are we?
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. It is present in 191 countries around the world, has 418 factories and its 328,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
Procurement at Nestlé:
To ensure that Nestlé achieves its objective of sustainable growth, a new Procurement Division was just created with hubs in Switzerland, Panama and Malaysia. They provide a range of services, including the management of procurement for specific raw materials, packaging, indirect materials and other services. The hubs also support markets with managing local spend.
In order to implement and drive the success of our new procurement model, we are looking for a highly motivated Global Procurement Manager for Generic Equipment, Automation and Electricity in our Hub in Panama.
Are you ready to join a high performance team?
Reporting directly to the Procurement Category Manager, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the category strategy for the spend in scope on a global level, utilizing strategic sourcing processes, tools and policies.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Support the Global Category Manager in defining the category strategy and implement it by using Strategic Sourcing processes, tools and policies.
- Take the lead on key global sourcing projects and deliver expected cost reduction level.
- Perform supplier market/category/supply risk analysis and develop Total Cost Ownership (TCO) models to identify improvement opportunities.
- Create a competitive environment for Nestle needs
- Assure synergies between Nestle factories directing all the potential efforts to obtain the best opportunities for cost optimization and fulfill company targets
- Introduce / develop new suppliers
- Negotiate contracts ensuring the most beneficial commercial agreements with suppliers in line with the strategy.
- Manage the relationship with various stakeholders to integrate category plans and outcomes in local budgets and price planning.
- In partnership with Supplier Relationship Management Experts, to lead the planning and regular contract SLA reviews with suppliers and other functional partners.
- Ensure compliance to Nestlé's Corporate Business Principles, policies and standards.
What is required?
- University degree either in a scientific subject such as Chemistry or in Procurement/Supply Chain.
- Strong flexibility and mental agility to work in a cross-functional environment with different categories (e.g. industrial cleaning, water treatment and industrial service equipment).
- Experience in sourcing, supplier management or strategic procurement, ideally gained in the Generic Equipment, Automation and Electricity category.
- Demonstrated successful use of risk management, responsible sourcing and supplier relation management.
- Experience in negotiation.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with the ability to influence and collaborate with individuals across a complex organization.
- Knowledge of the American markets is ideal.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, other languages will be an asset.
What is on offer?
- A challenging role with regional and global responsibilities to help drive the implementation of the Nestlé Group Generic Equipment /MRO strategy.
- Genuine opportunities for career development, training and personal development.
- We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment within modern “smart office” locations providing flexible & collaborative workspaces.
- To become part of the Global Procurement team within Nestlé and help drive value into our business.
What we are looking for?
Excellent negotiation and communication skills with the ability to influence and collaborate with individuals across a complex organization.
We enhance lives with science-based nutrition and health solutions for all stages of life, helping consumers care for themselves and their families. This reflects our conviction that the people are our most important asset. We make sure our employees feel this every day. If you want to make a difference apply directly in English at www.nestle.com/jobs .