Global Procurement Manager / Cocoa Beans
“I want a unique opportunity to be part of a global team where I can fulfill my potential and deliver value to the business”
Nestrade Procurement Division, Panama
Undefined period of time, 100%
Travel rate: from 5 to 10%
There is no better time to join our Global Procurement Team!
The combination of a rapidly-evolving world around us and the successful implementation of our new procurement model make it an incredibly exciting time to join us. Sustainable practices, transparency, and innovation will drive the success of our organization into the future and we want you to be part of this!
We are currently looking for a highly competent Global Procurement Manager based in Panama, responsible for managing the strategic sourcing activities for Cocoa Beans used by Nestlé worldwide.
Reporting directly to the Global Category Lead, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the Cocoa Beans strategy for the spend in scope on a global level, utilizing strategic sourcing processes, tools and policies.
Procurement at Nestlé:
As strategic partner of the business, we help the company achieving sustainable growth and we ensure responsibly-sourced supply and value creation. Located in hubs in Switzerland, Panama and Malaysia, our division provides a range of services, including the management of procurement for specific raw materials, packaging, indirect materials and other services. We also support markets with managing local spend. For you, this will be the opportunity to become a real strategic partner – delivering sustainable value and working with the business, for the business.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Contribute to, define and execute the global procurement strategy for Cocoa Products.
- Perform supplier market/category/supply risk analysis and develop Total Cost Ownership (TCO) models to identify improvement opportunities.
- Handle negotiations seeking the best Total Cost Ownership contracts and the most beneficial commercial agreements with suppliers.
- Ensure Supplier Relationship Management by taking supplier development and management actions.
- Lead cross-functional teams to create and implement the Above-Market Spend Category Strategies.
- Further develop relationships with various stakeholders to integrate category plans and outcomes in local budgets and planning.
- Overall management of reporting on your category and handle business planning and price forecast activities.
- Promote and ensure compliance to Nestlé's Corporate Business Principles, policies and standards.
What your experience should include?
- University degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Economics or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sourcing for various commodities – ideally Cocoa or Cocoa Beans related.
- Ideally experience in several market regions (Asian, American and European).
- Demonstrated success in risk management, responsible sourcing and supplier relationship management.
- Experience in Futures commodity market is welcome.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing portfolio via continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills - with the ability to influence and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders across a complex organization.
- Understanding of National and International Procurement Regulations.
- Fluency in English, another language will be an asset.
What’s on offer?
- A challenging role with global responsibilities.
- Genuine opportunities for career development, training and personal development.
- Attractive and dynamic international working environment.
- Modern “smart office” locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial mind-set with excellent negotiation and communication skills and the ability to influence and collaborate with individuals across a complex organization.
If your profile matches our needs we will be looking forward to receive your application in English. Please visit www.nestle.com/jobs and apply in English .
Our Nestlé purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future for individuals & families, for our communities and for the planet is lived every day by our 323’000 employees across all our sites.
We are the world’s leading Nutrition, Health & Wellness company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. Our 2000+ brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to your local favourites. We bring Nutrition, Health and Wellness to people and their pets, throughout their lives, through our wide portfolio of products and services. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our group and reasons to join us onwww.nestle.com.