Site Reliability Engineer (80% - 100%)
Are you an engineer passionate about building software and systems that improve the everyday work life of people around the world? Read on, this job might be for you!
About Open Systems
We deliver a cybersecurity experience way beyond expectations. We pioneered a SASE that’s adaptable and scalable, with a true zero trust approach, and a unique MDR service that minimizes disruptions through precision containment. Our teams now monitor over 3 million endpoints 24x7 from our locations around the globe. No wonder we call it crazy good cybersecurity. Discover more at www.open-systems.com.
Join us and empower our ambitious Site Reliability Engineering team as:
Site Reliability Engineer (80% - 100%)
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you empower Open Systems to deploy and operate a reliable, distributed service at scale. You will:
- Work closely with engineering teams, product owners, and other stakeholders to define service operations, identify operational issues early and prevent them
- Help define Service Level Objectives to assess release readiness of all services
- Develop software, tooling, and processes to automate our operations
- Measure and optimize system performance
- Participate in incident management on-call rotation and drive root cause analysis
As part of your SRE responsibilities, you will become certified as a Mission Control Engineer, providing you with knowledge in a wide area covering networking and security topics. This will give you the opportunity to visit our Network and Security Operations Centers in Redwood City and Honolulu for 3-month deployments.
You are strong in either Software Engineering or Networking and Security Operations and have an interest in developing your skills and solving problems at the intersection of both. You are motivated to learn new skills and expand your existing theoretical and practical knowledge in training programs offered by internal domain experts and team colleagues, and ideally, you bring some of the following skills to the table:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and build trust across teams to design and deliver shared solutions.
- Knowledge of network security concepts and practices. Core technologies: firewalls, web application firewalls, VPN networks, IDS and IPS, email security, and remote access
- Understanding of networking in general and the major internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, SSH, DNS, BGP, OSPF)
- Experience with data systems and data pipelines such as SQL Databases, HDFS, Kafka, or Hadoop
- Knowledge of Unix and Linux operating systems
- Ability to design, test, and release code in general-purpose languages such as Python, Java, Go, or Scala
- Familiarity with distributed and microservices architecture and container orchestration
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including abilities to organize resources in a collaborative environment
What we offer:
Open Systems will offer you interesting challenges in the dynamic and global environment of SD-WAN and cybersecurity. You will be in a work environment in which innovative solutions, rapid development times, creativity, and open communication are practiced and continuously fostered. The pursuit of technical advancement is at the center of our attention. Our employees are known as enthusiastic, humorous, and passionate individuals. It’s all about people because it’s them who make us stand out in the marketplace, not our technology.
We look forward to receiving your online application (please note that you have to compress your application into two attachments). For further questions and inquiries about applications, please feel free to contact Martin Blecher at +41 58 100 10 10. Only direct applications will be considered.
Come as you are! We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Open Systems welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Für diese Stelle bewerben