Application Support - Technical Operations Specialist
Application Support - Technical Operations Specialist (TOPS)
IBKR Financial Services AG seeks an individual to join our Technical Operations team in Zug, Switzerland. In order to provide the best online trading experience in the world, Interactive Brokers software, systems, and other crucial business technology must be maintained, monitored and supported at all times with locations across the globe with vigilance, tenacity and precision. To achieve that goal, Interactive Brokers maintains a small team of cross-trained and exceptionally responsible individuals unbound to one specific skill or discipline. With bushido spirit, these operators develop tools, systems and solutions to ensure the correct function of the various systems encompassing Interactive Brokers’ platform. The operators gain experience and provide additional value working under the expert direction of senior trade, skill and industry experts to resolve complex issues with specific technology, hardware and software components.
- Monitor all aspects of the Interactive Brokers global brokerage system
- Analyze, address, escalate and resolve brokerage system operational issues
- Communicate with exchanges to configure, test, and implement new trading technologies
- Work with our developers to design new and improved existing brokerage processes
- Design and develop new monitoring and automation processes
- Act as primary escalation point for any and all technical issues
- Strong English communication skills
- Bachelors degree or apprenticeship in a technical discipline combined with professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of computers, networks and technology in general
- The ability to analyze and solve problems promptly and accurately
- Prior Experience in a Technology Position
- Experience with Unix / Linux style command line interfaces
- Prior experience with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python)
- A keen desire to explore and learn new concepts, systems and technologies
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info