Platform Design Engineer
As a member of Platform Engineering team, the Platform Design Engineer will help design and implement solutions based on on-premise and cloud services.
In this role, the person is expected to have strong knowledge cloud technologies, DevOps tools, understanding of block, file and object storage technologies and have a strong background in Linux OS. They have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. The person should have a passion for automation, cloud and learning new skills and technologies.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Strong engineering skills, with ability to work with end users to define requirements, create design documents and implement solutions with minimal oversight
- Drive consistent standardized solutions across IB for all hardware, software, configurations, and processes.
- Implement tools and processes for efficient and effective operational management of the environment -- change management, monitoring, alerting, etc
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary, to perform high-risk or planned downtime of IB’s data centre systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Participate in defining and executing on a roadmap of projects that continues to raise the bar through implementing innovative technology, tools, automation, and processes.
- Interact with internal teams to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of various technical ability
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience implementing cloud solutions, preferably AWS
- 5+ years of Linux System Administration or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in complex scripting or software development
- AWS Solutions Architect certification preferred
- Strong experience with DevOps tools and automation, including CI/CD pipelines, Docker, orchestration and configuration management (Ansible etc), git
- Experience with storage protocols and technologies such as S3, EFS, EBS, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel
- Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically resolving issues
- Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take on and learn new technologies
- Experience in Python development. Understanding of JSON, YAML and ability to work with REST APIs.
- Deep understanding of host, network and cloud security concepts
- Experience communicating at various levels including non-technical staff, leadership, management, and external customers
- Experience with AWS and AWS automation methods (boto3, awscli, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Strong background in Linux administration and engineering. Understanding of core Linux concepts and technologies (LVM, systemd, memory/cpu/network/disk management and troubleshooting, Bash scripting, kernel tuning)
- Experience with single sign-on technologies and vendors (Okta, Centrify, etc)
- Understanding of standard services and protocols (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory/LDAP, SSH, SNMP)
- Understanding of current monitoring concepts and tools ( Prometheus, New Relic, Datadog etc)
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info