Junior Consolidation Specialist
Junior Consolidation Specialist
Landis+Gyr is a leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. Offering one of the broadest portfolios, we deliver innovative and flexible solutions to help utilities solve their complex challenges in Smart Metering, Grid Edge Intelligence and Smart Infrastructure. With sales of USD 1.4 billion in FY 2020, Landis+Gyr employs approximately 5,000 people in over 30 countries across five continents, with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better. More information is available at Landis+Gyr website landisgyr.com.
For our Group Finance Department at the company headquarters in Cham, near Zurich, we are looking for a highly motivated Junior Consolidation Specialist. In this role, you will be a member of the Group Accounting and Controlling Team and will collaborate with colleagues from all over the world.
Your main responsibilities will among others include:
- Support the maintenance of a timely and highly quality consolidation system for the preparation of monthly reports, plans and forecasts to management and the board of directors
- Support the change management process by updating the IBM Cognos Controller structures on an as-needed basis, including structural changes and adjustments in the Cognos reports
- Ensuring the consolidation system fulfills the requirements to provide relevant information for both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide technical support and training to the subsidiaries in the areas of reporting / Cognos
- Support the monthly close and reporting process for the assigned subsidiaries and other month-end close activities
- Contribute to the preparation of consolidated financial information and ensuring timely, complete, and correct reporting by all subsidiaries
- Assistance in the implementation, compliance, and expansion of the internal control system
- Participation in projects on a case-by-case basis, possibly also across departments and interdisciplinary
This position requires the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or completed apprenticeship with relevant professional qualification in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or similar qualifications
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of professional experience preferably in an international organization in Finance, Accounting and Controlling
- Strong analytical skills combined with a drive for results
- Affinity and flair for technical solutions and at-ease with various financial systems
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel. IBM Cognos Controller, or any other consolidation tool is a plus
- Highly process oriented and customer focused
- Readiness of mind, strong analytical skills, and a methodical way of work
- Precise and reliable in meeting the deadlines and quality
- Self-starter, highly flexible, able to work under pressure and team-oriented personality
- Someone who wants to grow, with the drive and enthusiasm for finance technical solutions in Accounting and Controlling
- Fluent in English and preferable in German
Interested and would you like to start a career in Controlling? Join us on the road to success! We offer the ideal conditions for achievement. For us, short decision-making processes, the necessary space for creativity and idea implementation, in-depth familiarization and comprehensive training opportunities are a matter of course.
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to accept this challenge and to work in a very dynamic, cross functional and international environment, we are looking forward to meeting you. Be part of manage energy better together. Click apply now.
Job Title: Junior Consolidation Specialist
Cham, ZG, CH
Requisition ID: 5090 Date Posted: Jun 8, 2021