R Developer (80-100%)
Drucken / als PDF speichern PartnerRe Ltd. is a leading global reinsurer, providing multi-line reinsurance to insurance companies. It is a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding place to work. We are always looking for bright, proactive people with expert knowledge skills, and integrity to join our international team. Our culture is based on trust, responsibility, openness, and initiative, and we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible reinsurance solutions for our clients.
R Developer (80-100%)
PartnerRe uses R intensively and actively supports the local R user community. Tools & Technology is a recently established team operating at the intersection of business and IT. We ensure that actuaries and data scientists have seamless access to state-of-the-art analytics capabilities and tools
About the role
You will take a key technical role in modernization and expansion of our current toolset for actuaries and data scientists. You will establish best practices for R/Shiny programming and perform code reviews for business users.
The role requires close collaboration with our deployment engineer and data engineer to deliver robust, containerized solutions with high level of automation (CI/CD pipelines, data pipelines).
You will engage with vendors and open-source contributors and community to stay abreast of new technologies and exchange ideas.
The primary areas of responsibility are:
- Develop, deploy and maintain internal R/Shiny applications
- Focus on scalability, security and modern UI/UX
- Maintain and expand internal repository of our custom-built R packages
- Perform code-reviews and/or industrialize applications and models created by R users across the business
- Establish best practices and guidelines for R programming and tool release process for new and advanced users
- Documentation of R-based tools and processes
- Host training sessions with R users across the company
- Oversee library management frameworks
You have a passion for creating efficient and robust applications. You pay attention to detail, are committed to deliver on time and document your work meticulously.
You are solution-oriented and are eager to modernize and develop existing toolset and design new applications with a focus on stakeholders’ needs.
You are proactive and can work both, autonomously and in collaborative setting.
You are a skillful communicator who fits well in a dynamic, culturally diverse environment. You enjoy working across locations and time zones in a flexible fashion.
Moreover, you have the following background and skills:
- Proficiency in programming in R and Shiny
- Experience with package and library development
- Knowledge of best programming practices: unit testing, technical documentation, code encapsulation
- Fluency with version control (especially git)
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Ability to write well-structured production-ready code
- Ability to quickly create Proofs of Concept and present them to the stakeholders
- General knowledge of common software deployment models
- Ability to test/validate/review peer written code
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English
- You are either an EU or Swiss citizen or entitled to work in Switzerland
The following experiences and knowledge are plus:
- In-depth knowledge of renv, tidyverse, and ggplot
- Familiarity with Azure Cloud and DevOps/GitLab
- Python programming skills
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker)
- Experience in Linux System Administration and Ansible/Terraform
- Data warehousing and data pipelines
What can we offer you
An international environment, where you will be challenged, can learn from Senior Specialists and are exposed to multiple sections of our business. Our structure fosters collaboration with various stakeholders.
One of PartnerRe’s core strengths is its technical know-how, built over many years of investment in the right people working on challenges. Be that person and join us!
PartnerRe is an equal opportunities employer who values and supports diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All applications will be evaluated on their technical merits for the specific role they have applied.
Apply nowPartnerRe does not interview employment candidates or make offers of employment solely on the basis of telephone or electronic interviews or other communications. Authorized PartnerRe email communications are sent only from an official @PartnerRe.com email address. In addition, PartnerRe does not request payments of money from employment candidates before or after an offer of employment is made.