Senior Development Chemist (f/m/d, 100%)
- Your mission at Climeworks is to develop the next generation of polymeric sorbent systems for our carbon capture plants to enable future growth.
- In this role in the Sorbent Industrialization team, you formulate polymeric material with the desired properties to expand our supply chain.
- You implement technology transfer of sorbent materials with toll manufacturers.
- You monitor and analyze the market situation of suppliers of key chemicals and acquire new suppliers.
- You analyze and test chemicals and material samples from suppliers and lead the qualification process in collaboration with our quality management.
- You document and report experimental work comprehensively and with traceability of sources.
- You collaborate closely with our purchasing department to ensure knowledge transfer and to negotiate prices and quality of chemicals and materials.
- You work with our team of chemists and process engineers to ensure adaptability of the procured materials to our plants and processes.
- You hold a PhD degree from university or ETH in organic chemistry with focus in polymer chemistry.
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in the industry, preferably in a similar role.
- You bring advanced knowledge in polymer synthesis, scale up and technology transfer.
- You take ownership and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment with ambitious goals.
- You are an excellent communicator and like to bring in new ideas by thinking out of the box.
- You are solution-oriented and have a structured working style.
- On top of that you are fluent in English? Then we are keen to get to know you.
Climeworks_Senior Development Chemist.pdf