Principal Business Designer
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of more than 41,150 EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers think creatively and lead with passion and honesty. Our people are the source of our success. We value collaboration, work in partnership with our customers, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s market conditions, we’re supporting operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
EPAM is seeking a Principal Business Designer to join the Consulting team in Switzerland. In this role, you will help our clients to de-risk the digital transformation decisions they make by ensuring the right focus and prioritisation of their digital product and service development roadmap.
• You are as comfortable defining the strategy and business case as you are turning ideas into reality, recognising the importance of balancing the needs of users –whether customers, staff or third parties– with the value new products and services will bring to their business.
• You are interested in how all channels are used effectively, where products (digital and physical) exist and how businesses respond and navigate an ever-changing world of complexity and uncertainty.
• You will lead the development of new (product, service and value) propositions helping to formulate a business case and supporting P&L to ensure our clients will receive a return on their investment.
• You understand that bringing new products and services to market may require your client to change how they work. You will be comfortable challenging the status quo, suggesting new methods to ensure the solutions you propose have the maximum chance of success, not only outside, but also inside our clients business. This may require changes to the existing organizational structure or ways of working, which you need to be comfortable in recommending and helping to establish.
• You will work with our Service Designers*, Data Scientists, Business and Technology Architects to establish how users want to interact and engage with products and services, across all touchpoints. You will need to focus on user behaviours, the pain points they experience and –with the team– identify the real jobs to done. Knowing how to balance these needs with the vision and objectives of your client and the capabilities of their business and technology is critical to your success.
• You will be experienced working within mixed multi-disciplinary teams providing the glue, facilitating the conversation and translating user and client needs into clear plans for our teams to execute. You will be comfortable working in an agile environment, ensuring the project cadence is high and our clients are brought on the journey with us and clearly understand and see the progress being made.
• Above all you are a storyteller, comfortable in client facing environments, actively contributing to the management of the client relationship and taking overall responsibility for key aspects of the delivery. The solution is not always obvious and you must be comfortable with ambiguity, being able to navigate uncertainty and make solid recommendations to the client to drive real value for their business.
- Designing and managing the client engagement ensuring high-quality delivery; on time, budget and in alignment with client expectation
- Working with the client and teams to challenge the brief and understand the problem and client ambition
- Connecting the vision and objectives to a clear roadmap for change and developing the proposition(s) and business case(s) to support it
- Challenge the client and project teams to drive ideas through to reality
- Overseeing and coaching the multi-disciplinary team to ensure alignment on the client deliverables
- Works closely with the Business Unit head and account teams to drive new business opportunities and ensure the correct focus is given to key accounts to drive long term revenue for the business
- 10 years of professional experience in a Consulting or equivalent position
- Deep expertise in ‘design thinking’ able to interpret whether or not the client problem is accurate and aligned to broader business challenges
- Proven track record of being a multi-disciplinary digital specialist, a problem solver, who is capable of advising clients on product and services strategies and roadmaps for change
- Able to develop new value propositions and business models to support the investment
- Experience in working in mixed multi-disciplinary teams of consultant strategists, designers and engineers
- Continually staying up to date with industry issues, disrupt and develop new methodologies to continue to evolve our thinking and develop relevant points of view for our clients
- Demonstrable clear ability to manage and coach team members to produce excellent quality outputs that include strategic recommendations or service/product propositions
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation support as per EPAM relocation policies
- EPAM Community with regular corporate and social events
- Career growth, performance and compensation reviews