SENIOR FULL STACK DEVELOPER .NET
Employment level: full-time
Location: Zürich Wiedikon
THE FELFEL TECHNOLOGY TEAM & YOUR IMPACT:
A quick introduction on who we are: FELFEL is a fast-growing start-up in Zürich, Switzerland, who has revolutionized food in offices in the last 5 years. The product? An intelligent fridge that is placed in over 500 companies where employees can purchase food from the best local chefs via an app or badge. An awesome customer journey and the freshness of the food differentiate it from a traditional vending machine.
Today, we are 100 employees with a strong vision on how to grow and make life better at the office, particularly with strong technology involved.
FELFEL’s 13 engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how thousands of users consume food at offices. Our product needs to handle information at massive scale and make sure over 100’000 people get their meal of choice at any time of the day.
Your impact will have no limit: together with our CTO, our founder Emanuel and the management team, you will build the ground for our growth in the coming years and make sure our customers have an awesome experience with FELFEL.
OUR TECH STACK:
Our main backends are written in C# / .NET and Python 3, using the Django library (for web app and ORM). We have a diverse microservices landscape, which are written in Python 3 and are using flask + SQLalchemy as well as Django. Our fridges are running on a custom Android board running an Android application to serve the POS user interface. It interfaces with various peripherals via USB and GPIO (temperature sensor, NFC reader, door lock).
We run on Azure/Docker/Kubernetes and configure and auto-deploy our applications with helm and flux. Data is stored in Postgres and SQL Server and we use various queuing/messaging tools (Pusher, RabbitMQ, Kafka). For analytics and BI, we rely on Tableau and use logz.io’s ELK stack to analyze our application logs and telemetry.
THE CHALLENGE / YOUR ROLE:
- Develop and extend FELFEL’s core enterprise software as senior full stack .NET developer
- Incrementally improve and maintain our existing enterprise .NET infrastructure together with the team, ensuring stack functionality, scalability, uptime and reliability
- Own projects and work with the development team and business stakeholders to ideate, scope and implement software solutions
- Develop architectural proposals and technical specifications for our core ERP system and services
- Provide technical guidance, do code reviews, coach other developers and contribute to defining all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- High availability: our systems run all day, you take responsibility for live production systems with 24x7 uptime, gain cross-system expertise and manage office-hour incident support on a duty-engineer’s rotation - additionally there is the option to participate in 7x24 on-call support with attractive time compensation.
YOUR TECHNOLOGY SKILLS:
- You are an experienced full stack developer with profound programming skills in .NET including frontend technologies (preferably React) and are able to get your hands dirty with existing systems
- You are proficient with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server, architectural patterns and state of the art enterprise software development principles
- You have worked on enterprise solutions before and you are eager to understand company needs in order to define appropriate system specifications
- You have a good working knowledge in system design across various technologies
- You are experienced in leading projects as a technical lead engineer
- Preferably you have experience with test-driven development, deploying and maintaining applications in the cloud (preferably Microsoft Azure and proper user authentication and resource authorization
- You have a university degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
WHAT ELSE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong technical leadership skills and a serious get-things-done attitude, you are confident in taking and executing decisions. You have lead small to medium size tech teams for at least 2 years.
- Eagerness to own and lead key projects that are crucial to the companies future end to end, from project planning to delivery
- Experience with agile working methods (preferably Scrum) and willingness to coach the team to constantly improve how we work together
- Openness to work with many different stakeholders in the organization
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You never smell like cigarettes and don’t smoke during the day: FELFEL is about healthy living
- EU/EFTA or Swiss work permit is a must
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Lots of good (like really good ;)) food: Just steps away from your desk – we make all food dreams come true...
- Barista: Our office barista makes fresh coffee & tea for the whole team every day: be it Cappuccino, Americano, Espresso, Chai or Matcha – whatever you prefer the most!
- Holidays: Enjoy 5 weeks of holidays every year
- Birthday retreat: Take a half day off work to enjoy your birthday
- Transport: We encourage employees to use public transport by financing the half-fare card
- Family: FELFEL is a family business with strong values. We support parenting by giving 3 weeks of holidays for new dads, 16 weeks for new mums, and paying for up to two days per week of child care
- People: A great international & diverse team (20 different nationalities!). We are selective – and only hire the best chess players, cooks or video gamers ;)
- Location: We are located in the heart of Zurich - on the top floor in a bright, open office with significant focus space too
- Entertainment: Even in Corona times we have a lot of fun together as a team and as colleagues. We have virtual wine tastings and an absolutely proven security concept, which allows us to eat together in the office. When Corona is over, we "offer" various events: team aperos, sledding trips, breakfast events, joint cooking events and the well-known FELFEL Summer-outings.
- Awesome customers: We have great, open customers that love to provide feedback and engage with us.
- Transfer help: Should you move from a different country to support us, we are happy to support you.
HOW YOU APPLY:
Please apply directly via careers.felfel.ch by clicking on the Button "Apply for this position".
We can only consider complete applications submitted via the application form. We promise to get back to you within 72 hours!
What do we need?
- a short cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for this role
WHO WE ARE, THE FELFEL COMPANY:
FELFEL revolutionizes how people eat at work with smart technology. Our intelligent fridge makes it possible - good food all day long for employees at work, created by the best local chefs.
Over 100'000 employees at more than 500 companies in Switzerland already benefit from a FELFEL fridge at work. FELFEL is a family-owned company and supports small, local producers in Switzerland. Sustainability is a core company value. The company has won several prestigious awards, among others the Swiss Economic Forum Award in 2017. The company was founded in 2013 and counts over 100 employees today. Friendship, respect, 'eating good food together' are key elements of our company culture. You can find more insights on the company and the team on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and of course our website.