NBE Therapeutics AG, a rapidly growing Basel-based biotechnology company, is committed to the development of next generation antibody drug conjugates for the treatment of cancer. We are looking for a highly motivated:
The Animal Welfare Officer will work in close contact with NBE therapeutics' in vivo Team.
In his/her role, NBE therapeutics' AWO will provide advice to the Study Director and support to Experimenters on matters regarding the planning and execution of in vivoresearch.
Key Responsibilities as Practitioner Veterinarian:
· provide guidance regarding surgical techniques, selection of pharmacologic agents, periprocedural care and/or training of other individuals in the program.
· ensure health and well-being of the animals used for research according to best laboratory animal practices, supervise health monitoring and guide diagnosis, treatment and control of disease
· participate in the training of staff; providing expert guidance to the occupational health and safety program (e.g., about zoonotic diseases, animal allergens and other conditions); monitoring and advising on hygiene standards; providing guidance on animal facility design and maintenance.
Key Responsibilities as Animal Welfare Officer:
· provide technological, administrative support and content review for experimental permit applications / renewal and annual reports
- support researchers to establish score sheets and define termination criteria (humane endpoints), help finding measures to reduce the stress and constraint of animals as well as to help finding ways to reduce the animal numbers needed or to replace animal experiments
- be the contact person for the Cantonal Veterinary Office and the Cantonal Commission for Animal Experiments
Qualifications / Experience / Personal Qualities
· Degree (or equivalent) in veterinary medicine
· Minimum 5 years of experience in animal research
· Knowledge of animal experimentation and related Swiss regulations
· Knowledge of cantonal regulatory policies and procedures
· Highly organized, detail-oriented, problem solving personality
· Good written, verbal communications, interpersonal and stress management skills
· Self-motivated, team oriented working style
· Fluency in oral and written English and German
· Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international team
· A comprehensive position with great scientific and intellectual stimulation
For more information about NBE Therapeutics AG, please visit our web site.
We look forward to receiving your application, which you are invited to send to: firstname.lastname@example.org referring to job-opening number ref190601W.