Trademark Paralegal (m/f/d)
Trademark Paralegal (m/f/d)
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This position based in Schaffhausen, Switzerland will report directly to the Chief IP Counsel in the Intellectual Property law group and will work as part of a team of trademark paralegals and IP counsels to support all business units globally. The position will have ongoing responsibility and daily exposure to the maintenance and protection of trademarks, related agreements, IP databases, and legal documents. The individual will conduct trademark clearance searches, coordinate trademark registration and renewal activities, and resolve and be capable of addressing routine trademark questions under general direction of relevant IP counsels. This position will provide general trademark paralegal support and assist in preparation of various business support documents including contract templates, trademark filings, as well as trademark team procedures, presentation materials and training slides relating to trademarks.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Responsible for searching, reviewing, and advising on new trademarks; corresponding with local and international trademark counsels regarding prosecution, maintenance, chain of title, and conflict matters.
- Maintaining the existing trademark portfolio, including reviewing watch notices, assisting with Office Action responses
- Drafting and reviewing high volume and complex contractual trademark agreements under guidance of relevant IP counsels.
- Managing and coordinating trademark projects and drive solutions to meet trademark project objectives
- Providing project management support for key TE trademark matters.
- Supporting development of trademark training materials and reviewing public facing documents for trademark issues
- Providing assistance in establishing relevant policies and procedures for trademarks.
- Maintaining internal trademark databases information
- Preparing letters, reports and other materials, including obtaining specimens of use, relating to trademarks; file documents with appropriate entities in accordance with legal trademark requirements
- General trademark practice administrative work, e.g. mail delivery, courier, obtaining signatures and legalisations.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's Degree plus Paralegal Certificate or Requisite Experience
- 5+ years of work experience in trademarks, preferably in an in-house law setting of large, global companies, with minimum of 4 years of trademark skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to multi-task several large trademark projects at once and ability to collaborate with all levels of a corporation
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Skype/TEAMS, experience with contract management systems, e-billing systems, and trademark/IP databases including, for example, Saegis, CPA Memotech, etc.
- Robust communication skills and the ability to seamlessly communicate with clarity and precision, both verbal and written
- Comfortable working collaboratively as part of a global trademark/IP team in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to prioritize tasks based on the urgency
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Written/oral fluency in German and English
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
• Competitive Salary Package
• Performance-Based Bonus Plans
• Health and Wellness Incentives
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
• Employee Resource Groups
Schaffhausen, SH, CH, 8200
City: Schaffhausen State: SH Country/Region: CH Travel: None Requisition ID: 72419 Alternative Locations: Function: Legal
Job Segment: Paralegal, Developer, Web Design, Project Manager, Intellectual Property, Legal, Technology, Creative