Chemical Engineer, Chemical Process Development
AtLonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions (MCS)and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Specialty Chemical Services (SCS) business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our Custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 21 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
LSI is looking for a Chemical Engineer, supporting our SCS CDMO Chemical Process Development Team located in Visp, Switzerland.
As a Senior Chemical Engineer in our Chemical Process Development Team you are responsible for the engineering tasks of the development of new production processes as well as scale-up and implementation.
- Planning, supervision and interpretation of experimental work independently during process development regarding all chemical engineering aspects
- Preparation of plant fits for new chemical process to be implemented in our multi-purpose trains
- Identification of suited process technologies for chemical reactions, product isolations as well as solvent distillations
- Strong production support during process implementation on commercial scale
- Assume full responsibility for the development, implementation of procedures and processes in the field of chemical engineering, more specifically thermal separation technology and reaction engineering.
- Plan experimental lab work. Use a variety of advanced experimental design, scientific modelling and structured problem solving techniques as well as experience in the field of thermal separation.
- Collect, summarize, analyze interdependent and complex data. Take conclusions based on data, make presentations to disseminate best practice throughout the function.
- Review complex reports to ensure they are based on good science and present a high quality image of Lonza.
- Demonstrate scientific leadership at project level. Leads small cross functional project teams with focus on technical expertise.
- Represent the team in technical and project meetings. Technical lead in customer meetings in his area and should develop customer and supplier relationships.
- Develop technical solutions in assigned projects including cost, time and scope planning for the implementation.
- Ph.D. or MSc. in chemical engineering
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts within the field of chemical engineering, quality and safety
- Very strong analytical skills with ability to understand complex data structures and inter-dependencies through conceptual & strategic end-to-end thinking
- Ability to communicate effectively, collaborate, and foster positive interactions with project team members and stakeholders
- Strong Team player
- Fluency in German and English
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?Reference: R30048
Apply Switzerland, Visp