Laboratory Technician - Formulations for Controlled Release (m/f)
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Do you want to work in a committed and enthusiastic team with versatile and challenging activities?
For our NIC-R&D-Forms Center (Nutrition Innovation Center, Research and Development, Formulation) in Kaiseraugst, we are looking for a motivated person for the role of technician, preferably with a background in Formulation, Chemistry, Material Science or Pharmaceutical Technology.
As a part of the Controlled Release Team, you will be working towards designing and developing novel formulations aimed at the targeted or sustained delivery of DNP actives for food, dietary supplements, pharma and feed additives. The challenge of this position comes on one hand from the drive towards challenging the status quo and developing novel formulations for targeted active delivery and on the other hand having the flexibility of working on different projects that require various laboratory equipment.
- Develop new product forms for food, dietary supplements, pharma and feed additives
- Production of product forms of different health ingredients in the laboratory scale
- Analytical investigation and characterization of the products
- Electronic reporting of the tests carried out
- Documentation and presentation of the results
- Improve of existing laboratory procedures
- Test new formulation technologies
- Ideally BSc. degree with major course work in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Material Science or related field OR completed training as a chemical laboratory technician
- 2 - 3 years of increasingly responsible technical laboratory experience
- Technical understanding and enthusiasm towards dealing with laboratory technology equipment
- Experience in pharmaceutical formulation technologies (granulation, coating) or galenics (tableting)
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, etc.) and experience with laboratory software (ELN)
- Flexible, independent and collaborative personality
- Good command of spoken and written English (German considered as an advantage)
- Highly motivated, solution oriented and well-organized
- Ability to operate in a multinational environment
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact:
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal ( www.dsm.com/careers ). For additional questions, please contact Maryline Muhe ( email@example.com ).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.