Research Engineer Intern, Computer Vision and Machine Learning (PhD)
Great virtual reality technology depends on advances in computer vision and machine learning. As an PhD intern at Facebook Reality Labs team, you will get an opportunity to make an impact on one of our most exciting and challenging efforts aimed at providing immersive human presence and interaction. You will apply advanced computer vision and machine learning techniques to solve problems at the forefront of virtual reality. The ideal candidate is pursuing a PhD in computer vision, machine learning, or graphics and is passionate about enhancing the user experience in virtual reality.Research Engineer Intern, Computer Vision and Machine Learning (PhD) Responsibilities
- Participate in cutting edge Computer Vision research and development for VR/AR/MR related topics
- Develop algorithms and software that will be part of mass-market shipping consumer products
- Cross-functional interaction with hardware, automation and product design teams at Oculus
- Document and present your progress and project.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Electrical and Computer Engineering in the field of computer vision, machine learning, computer graphics, or robotics.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by publications in top computer vision conferences (e.g., CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, or, SIGGRAPH) or journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, International Journal of Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, or IEEE Transactions on Image Processing).
- 3+ years experience with systems building in C++ and Python
- Knowledge in computer vision, structure from motion, optimization, 3D reconstruction, machine learning, image processing, computational geometry, robotics, SLAM, tracking, or sensor fusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, open source contributions, or research
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
LocationsAbout the Facebook company Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.