Back Office Analyst
The Back Office team is an integral part of the trading floor based in Geneva. Key responsibilities include deal confirmations, position validation, invoicing, payments and contract management. These processes are key to the commerciality of deals transacted by the Front Office teams. Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy are essential skills in an environment where an error can have both financial and reputational ramifications.
- Manage a portfolio of trading counterparts
- Check traders supply accurate deal-sheets/electronic download reports for trades validated within our ‘in-house’ trading system, (the BOOK)
- Ensure that accurate trading information is represented within the BOOK by confirming deals with counterparts on a daily basis
- Reconcile counterpart/pipeline invoices against the BOOK
- Send invoices to counterparts without exceeding deadlines set within the industry as well as contractually
- Submit payment instructions to finance in a timely manner allowing them to comply with contractual payment dates
- Respond to Back Office related queries, from internal and external counterparties in a timely fashion
- Participate in team and individual projects delegated by the Back Office Manager
- Contribute to the overall team responsibilities and goals including assisting with general Back Office duties including: faxing, archiving and filing when needed.
- Daily reconciliation of the Exchange Position
- ECM (electronic confirmations) – Check daily to ensure all trades have matched
- Collect and check brokers confirmations against the BOOK contents each day
- Check and distribute all the confirmations produced by the BOOK Confirmation Module to counterparties
- Check all incoming confirmations (both third-party and returned Total confirmations) and record these against the BOOK using the Confirmation Module. Chase all outstanding confirmations
- Update the book with actual deliveries when this alters from the contractual volume.
- Accurate and timely processing of confirmations and invoicing/payments of all transactions
- Ensuring all entries within the trading book are correct.
- Daily checks on open positions and deal transactions –brokers, exchanges & clearers
- Effective communications with numerous internal and external parties to ensure timely resolutions to problems and queries.