Consultant - Digital Insurance
Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
BCG has a long history of driving growth by embracing innovation and new ways of thinking. Through DigitalBCG, we bring together a diverse mix of consultants and digital specialists to ensure that we are supporting our clients throughout their digital transformation journeys. We work with our clients to fully understand the impact of digital on their business and set priorities that will transform their vision into value. Whether it be developing new technologies to support their core business, making better use of their data, or pursuing entirely new sources of revenue, our aim is to achieve radical improvements in productivity, flexibility, and speed. We are innovating how our clients are using artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, internet of things, personalization, blockchain technologies, and more to gain competitive advantage.
DigitalBCG encompasses a broad set of data, digital, and technology capabilities from BCG consulting teams and practices, along with our business units such as BCG Digital Ventures, BCG Platinion, and BCG GAMMA.
What You'll Do
We are looking for someone who has a broad field of expertise in Digital Insurance (or financial institutions in general) who will play a critical role in bringing forward-thinking solutions to our clients.
What you will do
Lead and support execution of Digital Insurance related assignments:
- Develop, manage and maintain client relationships
- Act as a key topic content lead
- You work jointly with BCG and client leaders, bring deep digital insurance expertise to the team, on topics such as, but not limited to, technology requirements, technology assessments technology vendor landscape and technology innovation that can help clients drive incremental value
- You support multiple case teams, especially those with need for deep and hands-on approach, either as an individual contributor or owner on a digital insurance topic, or as an advisor to the overall project
- You are capable of acting as project oversight for an entire case or at a module level on select topic; own project process, content and day to day client interactions
- You ensure the quality of the work, and the relevance of synthesis and recommendations; you challenge the work in progress and the results; you reorient work approach and analyses as needed
- You interact with (digital) insurance experts and drive constructive discussions on how to step change the performance of their operations and organizations
- You coach client's in-house teams on the understanding of usage and benefits of specific technologies in the field of insurance / financial institutions
- You help to assess overall costs and value that implementation of such technologies can bring to the client organization
Build Insurance / Financial Institutions Expertise within BCG and increase BCG’s profile externally
- You create awareness of BCG expertise and capabilities to the external community; you participate in key industry forums, including presenting on topics relevant to senior management
- You develop structured platforms to engage BCG's internal community to create an understanding of BCG's expertise and capabilities, with a strong focus on growing the talent base and generating client/commercial opportunities
- You drive the development and improvement of methodology and tools
- You develop and contribute to BCG's intellectual capital – you work on BCG knowledge content projects to develop new techniques and/or capture new ideas to further the intellectual capital in the topic areas
- You create a set of knowledge documents based on casework experience to capture knowledge and experiential expertise
- You write internal memos or papers and present them at internal meetings/conferences
- You contribute to BCG perspectives which are shared with alumni and clients
- You work on articles that are published in external journals and/or industry trade magazines
- You participate in the recruiting of other experts and training efforts
Support the Business Development of Digital Insurance technologies opportunities:
- You are key support for proposal creation and presentation: you provide content expertise around specific topics; you act as key topic content lead for proposals or other business development work
- You contribute to the development of additional business beyond the delivery of recommendations on client engagements
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)You´re good at
You will bring significant experience in the fields of digital platforms, E2E customer experience and digital marketing/personalization, and provide expert level credibility to clients on digital insurance operations and execution. Additionally, you will have participated or led client engagements in digital insurance projects, either in consulting or operations services (industry perspectives), preferably in both roles. You would typically:
- Have a proven track record of leading data driven digital insurance projects
- Have extensive knowledge of the insurance technology landscape including key players but also digital global players
- Have experience in project management
- Preferably, you have experience from team management and mentorship
- Have excellent communication, relationship-building, and persuasion skills
- Be a team player, open, pleasure to work with and positive in a group dynamic
- Be loyal and reliable
- Have the highest ethical standards
- Be flexible and creative: you have the ability to build empathy within the firm and win the trust of the clients
- Be able to work independently
- Be entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive
- You possess a minimum of 5 years of experience, either from a management/expert role in a data driven digital insurance organization or consulting or a combination of the two
- You also have an advanced degree (ideally MSc, MBA or Ph.D.)
- You are fluent in the respective local language and English, other languages would be of added benefit
Our consultants within DigitalBCG are an integral part of BCG's core consulting team; we work side-by-side with all practice areas to create value & competitive advantage for our clients. Your team will include senior BCG leadership, teams of BCG Consultants, and both junior and senior client leaders working collaboratively to drive the transformation, and shared services/control functions.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify.