Head of Global Manufacturing
We are Planted. After years of research, founded in July 2019 as a spin-off from ETH Zurich, it is our very aim to make the world better. With a revolutionary plan: Meat from plants.
Planted is more than a delicious product – it’s also an attitude. We want to radically change the way people consume and perceive meat. And to trigger a switch from eating animal- to plant-based proteins.
We are making a change. Not only because we can. But because we have to. Do you want to be a part of it?
As our Head of Global Manufacturing, you further expand the global manufacturing footprint at Planted. You take the full responsibility to manage the Kemptthal factory including operations, business and people management as well as in setting up external manufacturing capacity to convert our proprietary ingredients into finished commercial products for the European market.
- You manage day-to-day operations at our production site and with external manufacturers and further establish our European manufacturing capabilities.
- You ensure our products are produced efficiently, with the correct amount, at the right cost and at requested quality standards.
- You create, track and communicate KPI’s (cost, safety, quality, on time delivery, inventory turn-over, raw material use and other) for all sites and provide data for operational decisions.
- You manage continuous improvement plan at all sites and drive continuous savings each year.
- You maintain solid customer relationships.
- You build and manage the team, hire new prospects, train and coach team members in line with the Planted culture and actively contribute to a strong company culture.
- You ensure robust work safety, health and security procedures.
- a self-driven person with a Master’s degree in Food Science (University/Applied Science) and 10+ years work and management experience, a strong track-record in operations management, in particular industrial food production of meat alternatives, meat, dairy or alike and innovation management and ideally sound knowledge of production planning
- experienced in factory setup, fast scaling budgeting, reporting key production figures and compliance in an international and fast moving environment.
- experienced with quality standards, quality assurance and health and safety regulations
- a team-worker with proven leadership skills, a high level of independence and excellent communication
- visionary for the future of food production
- fluent in German, French and English
- allowed to work in Switzerland (valid work permit)
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!