Process Utilities Engineer, 100 % (m/f/d)
CRB is a privately-held company with a 30+ year history of providing design and construction solutions to the global life science marketplace. Founded in 1984, CRB has grown to over 1,300 employees and 20 offices. Building off the principles of still-active founder and CEO Jeff Biskup, CRB invests heavily in employee professional development and in maintaining an entrepreneurial culture. CRB is looking to build a professional design team in their newly established office (and subsidiary) in Basel.
Why choose CRB? Privately-owned, stable company with a smaller team environment, strong team culture, client-focused "do the right thing" attitude, excellent variety of tasks/responsibilities, permanent positions.
CRB is a looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative individual for a position as a Mid-Level Process Utilities Engineer. In addition to the qualifications listed below, a successful candidate shall possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, and have a strong drive to deliver to customers. This person will work under the direction of a Lead Process Utility Engineer to develop and implement process utility concepts and designs on technically complex projects, coordinating with process engineers, architects, mechanical engineers, I&C and electrical engineers, as well as client personnel. Project sizes will vary and will consist primarily of biotechnology process projects, including both existing renovations/retrofits and new construction. The successful candidate will be expected to represent CRB in a professional manner.
- Diplom-Ingenieur in Chemical, Bio or Process Engineering (Universitat oder Hochschule)
- 3 to 6 years of experience in the Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical industry, preferably at a design firm
- General knowledge of cGMPs and specifically GMP regulated clean process and plant systems is required
- General knowledge with Process Utility Systems (WFI, high-purity water, clean gases, etc.) is required
- Language: Fluent in German (C2+technical language), ability to communicate in English (B2+) is a plus
- Valid Work Permit for Basel, Switzerland, or able to obtain a permit
- Experience with PFD, P&ID software tools such as ASPEN, COMOS, SmartPlant or AutoCAD, and AutoDesk Revit preferred
- Experience with MS Office products, especially Word, Visio, and Excel required
- Gathering on-project process utility data and developing process utility requirements
- Working under the Process Utility Lead in the development of conceptual process utility scopes
- Developing process utility description narratives, PFDs, and P&IDs
- Performing process utility calculations and balances for high-purity water systems and gases
- Working with industry vendors and manufacturers to stay current with industry trends and technologies
- Coordinating directly with multi-discipline team for equipment, spatial and utility needs
- Developing construction drawings and specifications that incorporate client, regulatory, and industry standards
- Traveling as required for client development and project execution
- Performing field work as required for project execution (e.g. taking field dimensions, field visits during construction, etc.)
- Fulfilling an on-site support role (directly for client) either in Basel or remote
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: CRB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with CRB. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CRB via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at CRB in any form without a valid written search agreement in place with CRB Recruiting for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of CRB, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CRB as a result.