Electrical / I&C Engineer (f/m) 100%
CRB is a privately-held company with a 30+ year history of providing design and construction solutions to the global life science marketplace. Founded in 1984, CRB has grown to over 1,000 employees and 16 offices. Building off the principles of still-active founder and CEO Jeff Biskup, CRB invests heavily in employee professional development and in maintaining an entrepreneurial culture. CRB is looking to build a professional design team in their newly established office (and subsidiary) in Basel.
Why choose CRB? Privately-owned, stable company with a smaller team environment, strong team culture, client-focused "do the right thing" attitude, excellent variety of tasks/responsibilities, permanent positions.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Related field (Universität or Hochschule)
- 5+ years of experience in Electrical/Lighting design engineering, preferably in the Life Sciences industry
- Language: Fluent in German (C1+) and ability to communicate in English (B1+)
- Valid Work Permit for Basel, Switzerland, or ability to be permitted
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
CRB is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and dynamic team-oriented individual that has a desire to help CRB continue to develop its facility engineering presence in the life science marketplace.
A successful candidate will have the ability to execute all phases of design including basic design development, detailed design, construction documentation, and construction administration. Experience in front-end design is considered as a plus. Furthermore, the successful candidate shall display a solid working knowledge of local building code requirements and construction document preparation (e.g. electrical system layouts, single line diagrams, detailing, and specifications) as well as organization and distribution during all stages of development (e.g. review, bid, permit, etc.).
Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction. The successful candidate will be expected to represent CRB in a professional manner.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Perform power system design tasks including layout, circuiting and panelboard schedules Perform lighting design tasks, including calculations, fixture layouts, specifications and scheduling of light fixtures
- Understanding local Swiss design codes and other related standards (Understanding of European Electrical Codes and Standards is a plus)
- Perform low-voltage system sizing and routing conduit, cable, cable trays, circuit breakers (e.g., power distribution, heat tracing, lighting, fire alarm and phone/data/other special systems)
- Perform fire alarm and telecom design tasks including layout and details
- Visiting project sites to analyze existing conditions and/or oversee construction
- Specifying and selecting electrical equipment
- Meeting with clients to assess needs and develop an associated project program, facility assessment or other professional service
- Developing conceptual designs and coordinating with engineers on the design team
- Developing the BIM model for the resulting design and coordinating with the BIM Coordinator and all other internal and external project team members
- Developing construction drawings and specifications that incorporate client, regulatory, and industry standards
- Taking responsibility for discipline related internal and external project communication and coordination
- Traveling as required for client development and project execution
- Performing field work as required for project execution (e.g. taking field dimensions, field visits during construction, etc.)
Candidates with some experience in executing and leading Instrumentation & Control tasks is a plus but is not a must. I&C responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with an instrument database or similar tool to develop an instrument index, I/O list, instrument data sheets, etc.
- Selecting instrumentation for process control applications
- Creating control panel drawings to include panel layout, panel wiring, and bill of materials
- Developing loop drawings and control wiring drawings to depict I&C circuitry
- Creating instrument location plans and instrument installation details
- Coordinating with architects and other electrical engineers to locate control panels and ensuring appropriate control power is provided for I&C devices and panels
- Developing I&C construction specifications
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: CRB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with CRB. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CRB via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at CRB in any form without a valid written search agreement in place with CRB Recruiting for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of CRB, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CRB as a result.