Marketing Leader e-Bike (m/f/d) 100%
Are you an expert at developing and executing new strategies for how a brand attracts, engages, and builds a meaningful relationship with new audiences? Are you ready to collaborate with other curious minds to drive the adoption of e-bikes as a primary solution for recreation, transportation, and mental and physical health? Are you connected with the latest trends in e-bikes, mobility, recreational vehicles and ready to drive the future of how people move? Do you enjoy the challenge of leading a multi-disciplinary Global team to find and capitalize on marketing and communications opportunities in unique ways? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
At Specialized, innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages discover the joy of riding a bike, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.
WHY THIS ROLE MATTERS
The tragedy of the global Covid-19 pandemic has forever shifted our perspective, but there’s hope on the horizon. As we respond to the surge in demand for bicycles, we believe that we’re entering a new golden age of cycling. It’s a time where the lines between transportation, exercise, and fun are blurring together, and new riders around the world are realizing the benefits of life on two wheels.
The benefits of the bicycle have never been more relevant. From the increasing influence of e-Bikes on replacing the car for many short-distance trips, unhindered by traffic, the search for parking, and costly monthly payments, to alleviating public health threats such as air pollution and increasing rates of physical inactivity.
Since 1974, we’ve had one goal: Innovate and inspire to improve riders’ lives. So, when we developed our first electric bike in 2009, we knew it had to ride and feel like a great bike first—something we’d really love to ride ourselves. We wanted you to feel like you were on a “regular” bike, but that somehow, you’d grown superhero legs. Our core mission still hasn’t changed. The Specialized team is driving hard for change and has ambitious plans to meet this unique moment with a rapid acceleration in its electric bike offerings. You’ll be a part of a global team, working closely with our team in Morgan Hill, CA and our Turbo E-bike innovation team based in Cham, Switzerland to deliver the future of the greatest human powered machine.
The Specialized team is driving hard for change and has ambitious plans to meet this unique moment. You’ll be a part of a global team, working closely with our team in Morgan Hill, CA and our Turbo E-bike innovation team based in Cham, Switzerland.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- You’ll serve as the driving voice and leader at the company to define the Turbo E-bike marketing objectives across experience categories, driving the program vision and leading the implementation of successful go-to-market, frequency, and rider experience strategies across product and brand programs
- You’ll partner with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders including product, merchandising, supply, and sales to facilitate the complete progression from insight to product creation, sales enablement and education programs, to consumer messaging and go-to-market executions
- Define strategy for driving clarity and differentiation for Specialized e-bike experiences in a noisy and growing marketplace to land consistent and repeatable messaging with our target audiences
- Lead research projects in collaboration with product management, user-experience, and other cross functional partners to uncover actionable customer insights that will inform product and marketing strategiesworldwide
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Passion for the power of bikes to change lives and the planet
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate, lead, negotiate and influence, especially with cross-functional teams and indirect reports
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects, especially in ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- Natural communication and the ability to easily articulate a vision and inspire others to see your point of view
- Willingness to be wrong, but brave enough to keep pushing towards what’s right
- Proven track record of planning and driving projects, including budget development, management, and campaign measurement
- Curiosity, creativity and the readiness to take calculated risks
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience)
- 5 - 8 years of product and/or brand marketing experience preferably in consumer hardgoods
- Proven track record influencing product roadmaps and user experiences through actionable insights and recommendations; experience in product branding, messaging, positioning and targeting
- Worked with internal teams and external partners to develop and execute impactful marketing campaigns
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including successful interactions with executive leadership and constructive collaboration with cross functional teams; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and critically to drive prioritization for a highly matrixed organization leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham