DevOps Engineer 100% (m/f/d)
Publication date:16 January 2023
DevOps Engineer 100% (m/f/d)
VirtaMed believes medical education is powerfully delivered through data-driven simulation solutions. Since 2007, we have developed the leading solutions for training outside the operating room because we believe healthcare professionals should never have to perform a procedure for the first time on a patient.
To strengthen our Software Development Team, we are looking for a “DevOps Engineer” with a background and passion for building and maintaining tools, processes, documentation, and software infrastructure to support good quality and efficiency of our software development to provide our customers with the highest quality and most reliable simulators.
You will be part of the DevOps and IT Team whose primary goal is to ensure that all other teams can continuously deliver high-quality software and efficiently release products. Together with the team, you will:
- Design and build tools, write scripts and tests, and embed different levels of application pipelines into a consistent testing and deployment framework
- Actively work with software development teams to pragmatically support build and test automation for our simulator software
- Work with and improve an automated infrastructure used to configure bare metal and virtual machines, as part of a cohesive and standardized infrastructure setup
- Perform troubleshooting and maintenance of applications, as well as infrastructure services, together with platform and product development teams
- Write documentation and give trainings, to support developers and testers in using automation in our delivery pipeline.
You will work closely with our world-class software engineering and QA team to include input from product management and from the field (sales and support).
- Professional experience configuring continuous integration and deployment pipelines, and appropriate automation tools
- Strong scripting skills in Powershell and Python, other languages a plus, including being an experienced GIT user
- Good technical skills in both Windows and Linux systems, including package management & monitoring/observability tooling
- Work history and experience in using Docker & Docker Compose
- On-premises server/farm setup work experience; Data-center experience is a plus
- Good technical skills in preparing and deploying virtual machines, ideally with Infrastructure-as-Code
- Familiarity with the Azure cloud platform from a development (CI/CD) perspective is a plus
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus: web servers, DB systems (e.g., SQL-based), artifact storage systems, Unity
- You enjoy interacting with other teams and are creative and know how to teach yourself new skills.
- You value the standardization of processes, applications, and interfaces.
- You want to work in an international, dynamic, and established company where products are at the heart of our business and developed at a high pace.
Today we are a company of over 100 people, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, with offices in the USA and China, and a global network of partners. Our simulators are used for medical education by teaching hospitals, medical societies, and medical device companies.
Have we caught your attention? For some recommendations from your possible future colleagues, check out the video and statements on the website at About us ? Company culture.
We’re looking forward to your application!
Frau Michèle Winkler
Senior Human Resources Manager
044 500 96 90