Head of Soil Health Services EAME (m/f/d)
Publication date:05 August 2022
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity's most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Head of Soil Health Services EAME (m/f/d)
Syngenta has recently signed a licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) to supply agronomists and farmers with an advanced soil mapping and sampling service initially in continental and Eastern Europe. It will be marketed under the name Interra® Scan and enables agronomists and growers to make better informed decisions for crop management and soil stewardship. Interra® Scan offers high-resolution soil mapping up to 27 layers of information, providing growers with precise information on soil health. It allows growers to understand the texture, nutrient and carbon content of their soils in order to optimize nutrition and carbon capture.
To establish and lead this innovative solution, we are looking for a Head of Soil Health Services EAME (m/f/d). Location is flexible over Europe where Syngenta has legal entities.
- Lead the development & delivery of the business plan for EAME soil health services in line with the EAME Soil Health Strategy
- Identify and confirm with key stakeholders, the annual budget and 5 year growth plan. Own the delivery of P&L above budget
- Launch Interra Scan across all continental European countries in close cooperation with sub-regional Business Units (BUs)
- Constantly refine the value proposition & business model working closely with finance and BUs to manage key aspects of the Go-To-Market approaches in each BU.
- Replicate country by country where possible, allow for customization where necessary
- Scale Syngenta Soil Health services to 1 million hectares in continental Europe by 2026
- Lead, manage and develop a team of newly hired Soil Health Country Leads
- Ensure consistent increase in market share and customer share of wallet with the aim to be the largest Soil Health Service provider by 2030
- Manage 3rd parties critical to the delivery and evolution of the service (e.g. sensor supplier, software vendor, ...)
- Align and manage internal functions (especially the Services Team) to drive the soil health services roadmap
- Consistently seek opportunities to enhance the service offering, its delivery and the GTM approach
- Make sure vendors of choice respect service level agreements
- Monitor and lead service delivery quality
- Build capabilities of the Soil Health Services team and key stakeholders
What are we looking for:
- Proven experience in Soil health / crop agronomy knowledge - min. 10 years' experience
- Marketing / Commercial Excellence experience, understanding of how to develop and deliver successful business models.
- Entrepreneurial business acumen
- Track record of building or scaling successful products or enterprises
- Knowledge of Saleforce.com CRM system and agricultural technology platforms such as farm and crop management systems
- Basic SAP knowledge
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another major European language is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to influence in a collaborative manner
- Solution oriented person focusing on results / positive outcomes. Ability to take practical decisions and resolve issues effectively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to cope with ambiguity and align various interests towards a common goal
What we offer:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and a wide range of training options
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) - reference number 18044609.
Did you know? Syngenta has been ranked as a top employer by Science Journal.
Learn more about our team and our mission.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status