Scientific Knowledge Manager (m/w/d)
Publication date:18 August 2023
Place of work:Visp
Scientific Knowledge Manager (m/w/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our Site in Visp, we’re looking for a Scientific Knowledge Manager (m/w/d). The incumbent of this position is responsible for the management of Lonza global internal and external data and information by focusing on process security, performance and optimization. Furthermore, the incumbent is responsible for managing a team of senior technical database specialists and experts and operates in line with GMP and/or customer requirements in respect of timing, accuracy and availability of information.
- Leads a team and has responsibilities for training, coaching and development of the team members, represents team in internal working parties and project teams
- Accountable for project results, including planning and monitoring from initiation through to implementation to ensure consistency with company goals
- Builds close working relationships with internal customers and external suppliers
- Manages KM cost center and realizes cost efficiencies whilst ensuring a constant level of service
- Responsible for process management, writes SOP’s
- Responsible for global Chemical Information System (CIS), and global chemical Substance Master Data Management, is system owner of CIS
- Responsible for global literature and information supply of Lonza internal customers, acts as key requisitioner in SAP Ariba for SM DS
- Responsible for document archiving to ensure documents can be accessed for customer enquiries, audits and inspections
- Participates in audits and inspections
- Ensures timely development and validation of database system according to business requirements and to ensure Lonza systems and processes are fit for purpose and meet relevant legislative/regulatory requirements
- Provides technical expertise and consulting to technical and business decisions
- Trains and supports new staff in the proper use of key KM services
- Is timekeeper of SM DS
- Supports SM DS regarding meeting organizations, KPIs, onboarding, chemistry software, etc.
- University degree or equivalent education in information sciences, specialization in chemistry or biochemistry is an advantage
- At least 5 years of professional experience in KM, innovation or digitalization, including management experience
- Knowledgeable in information integrity and security
- Conceptual and analytical skills and very high level of comprehension
- Sound knowledge of content management and MS Office, DMS and SAP
- Completion of core GMP training
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English and German
- Works independently and solution-oriented
- Structured, efficient, reliable, flexible and supportive
- Service and team-oriented personality demonstrating safety awareness
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.Reference: R55914
Apply Switzerland, Visp