Femtotools AGBuchs ZH
Publication date:02 November 2021
is a high-tech Swiss company that develops and sells high-resolution, microchip-based nanoindenters for applications in
materials science, metallurgy, thin films, and microsystem technology. Powered by our unique technology, we are rapidly growing
both our team and our global customer base.
We are looking for a highly motivated software development engineer to join our team.
What you would do:
- Develop user-friendly control software that works hand-in-hand with our hardware systems
- Design and implement new features for our world leading nanoindenters in C and NI LabView
- Software debugging, write and execute test plans
- Extend and improve the GUI
What you should bring:
- PhD. in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or physics with a focus on experimental work
- Expertise in software development using NI LabView
- Experience in metrology
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Passion to work in a small team and get the job done -
often under time pressure!
What is a big plus:
- Experience in embedded software development for mechatronic systems
- Experience with C++
- Expertise in circuits layout, soldering and testing
- Experience in the use of scientific instruments such a AFM, SEM, nanoindenters, ...
Why will you love Femtotools:
- We are a great and growing team: You will be part of a multicultural, highly motivated and committed team of experts in
engineering, physics, mathematics and material science.
- Highly diverse position: You will be contributing to the success of our company by collaborating with people from various teams
working on multiple projects, often in parallel.
- Growth opportunity and market competitive salary: Together with our rapidly growing market share, our team is constantly
growing, continuously creating new opportunities within our organization.
- We offer exceptional quality of life: Over the past 20 years, the city of Zurich has been ranked in 1st or 2nd place as the
"worldwide quality of living city.” We are located just outside of Zurich, directly at the train station of Buchs
with a travel time of
only 20 minutes from the center of Zurich.
Interested to join the highly-motivated FemtoTools
team in Switzerland? Candidates with a keen interest are invited to forward their
complete application (CV, reference letters, diplomas incl. transcripts etc.) by email to: email@example.com