Technical Project Manager Digital / Scrum Master
Publication date:09 September 2022
Place of work:Tüffenwies 16, 8048 Zürich
Our Company & Sika’s IT Organization
Sika Informationssysteme AG (SIS) operates Sika’s global modern IT platforms allowing our approx. 27’000 internal users to carry out their business processes efficiently. As a competent partner SIS supports the business (global, regional, local) and the local IT organizations to develop the next generation of innovative digital solutions.
Our Service Line: SL Applications
The Service Line Applications, working out of the brand-new Sika office in Zürich right next to river Limmat, is currently a team of 25+ technical experts (application-, product- and project managers), supported by a strong network of local Swiss and near-shore implementation and IT managed service partners (all in all 30+ consultants), with the primary goal of improving the overall customer experience across all digital channels and customer touchpoints, both for internal and external customers of Sika. Our Service Line is responsible for technologies, such as the Microsoft PowerPlatform, Salesforce (CRM, Sales, CIAM, Community…), Adobe Experience Manager (Sites as WebCMS & Assets as a DAM), Stibo STEP & SAP Hybris (PIM & Print), SAP Commerce Cloud (B2B eShop Platform) and many-many other tools, platforms, and applications.
Our team is continuously experimenting with and iteratively implement all new kind of techniques and technologies, lately such as benefiting from artificial intelligence (image recognition with machine learning), leveraging the Atlassian-stack for continuous delivery and implementation (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Trello), and improving our project management methodologies by using Scrum & Kanban.
Briefly About This Position
This position requires extensive technical know-how, digital delivery understanding and hands-on experience with various technologies – in other words, this position goes beyond daily coordination & PMO activities, so please carefully consider these circumstances before applying for this job.
With the continuously increasing number of new digital projects at Sika, and for the further development and strengthening of the Service Line Applications at our Zurich office, we are actively looking for a highly motivated, self-starter, and experienced Technical Project Manager Digital / Scrum Master, who will be reporting into the Service Line Head Applications.
The Service Line Applications is looking various on-premise (Windows & Linux) and cloud-based (SaaS) systems and applications (mainly based on Java, both external customer facing & internal ones) to drive innovation and digitalization across all corporate units and countries of the Sika Group – the future Technical Project Manager Digital (this open headcount) will be looking after (presumably) projects, such as:
- 1B2B eShop – SAP Hybris / Commerce Cloud, global rollout
- 2B2B eShop – SAP Commerce Cloud cloud migration
- BuyNow Button (Channel Advisor) – global rollout & new integrations
- ProductsUp, Content Experience Manager – global rollout
Technical Project Manager Digital / Scrum Master
- This is a technical role: we are looking for someone with solid technical background including but not limited to software engineering experience, technical product owner expertise, technical project management skills
- Technical project management in a truly international environment for different types of digitalization projects, mainly focusing on new customer facing applications and solutions
- End-to-end project responsibility: Implementation of completely new applications from an RFI until the project handover to support and operations
- Control of project budget, resource allocation, risk management, written and verbal updates on project status, facilitating workshops and regular meetings, stakeholder management
- Working across different countries and organizational units such as Legal, Marketing, Communications, Procurement and being the single point of contact for all IT-related issues, questions and decisions
- Coordination between different IT teams and resources such as Network, Security, IT Procurement and other teams within the Application Services service line
- Working closely with enterprise architects to ensure that the global IT architecture of SIS is future proof, scalable and meets all the performance and security related best practices and requirements
- Ensure knowledge transfer between project teams, external partners and operational teams
- Vendor management: control of external costs, resources and capacity, playing an active role throughout the negotiation and procurement phases as well
- A degree in Business Informatics, Software Engineering or similar education is a must – the candidate has to be familiar with IT on a technical level: hardware sizing, user groups & permissions, application development, system engineering, servers, databases, Active Directory integration, REST API… – if these topics are unknown to you, then it’s probably not your next step in your career
- Minimum 3+ years of technical (!) project management experience with global complex digital projects (technical implementation, migration, upgrade, change request & release management…)
- Project Management certifications such as PMP or Prince2 and Scrum (Scrum Master)
- Familiar with all the different aspects and phases of a project, such as project initiation, building a business case, communication plan, risk & change management, go-live preparation, project handover to operations and support, stakeholder management
- End-to-end project responsibility including all the administrative tasks such as facilitating workshops and meetings, clear written communication, budget control, vendor management, timesheet review, project plan updates
- Experience with requirements analysis, system integration and architecture reviews is an advantage
- Familiar with financial terms such as OPEX, CAPEX/investment, accruals, total cost of ownership
- Self-started, highly-motivated, pragmatic and customer-oriented personality, hands-on approach
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. German and any further languages are a plus
- Able to moderate a technical workshop or series of meetings with solid preparation and clear objectives, good presentation skills, attention to detail even for PowerPoint slides and not afraid of writing and sharing meeting minutes about key decisions and discussion points
- Trust is the most important thing for us. We trust in the capabilities of all our Sika team members and reward them with above average freedom and empowerment – every day
- For a large company we have a surprisingly flat hierarchy with direct decision-making processes
- We offer a fair employment package with good social benefits