Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator
Publication date:29 May 2023
Place of work:Manno
Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
"I FEEL really LUCKY to be SURROUNDED by SUCH a GREAT TEAM. I’m not only GRATEFUL that they’ve HELPED me ACHIEVE my GOALS, but also that I CAN GIVE them a PLACE WHERE THEY can ACHIEVE theirs."
- MICHAEL KORS -
We have an exciting opportunity for a/an Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator in our Manno office.
Store design and construction & FM is part of Capri Holdings EMEA group working across all the stores and offices guaranteeing high standard services related all MK properties, including utilities service, waste, cleaning and professional delivery of projects ensuring efficiency and DNA of the brands, always having in mind long term Business strategy
What You’ll Do:
This position is to coordinate the maintenance of Capri Holdings Europe for all the retail stores. The maintenance component is the day-to-day reactive and planned repair and maintenance program that ensure we keep our property clean, efficient and brand right.
The facilities coordinator will support all the facilities activity. The coordinator will be first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking support and information from the FM organization of Michael Kors. The FC will provide support to the FM managers and the facilities organization.
- Coordinate for management of day-to-day repair of Capri holdings property, including building structure, walls and roofing, HVAC system, electrical power systems, lighting systems, plumbing systems, fire protection and safety systems, utilities systems, trash and waste management
- Vendor assignment – assign primary and secondary vendors for each trade and location
- Initiate competitive bids on high cost repairs and award bids, review and approve proposals when over NTE (not to exceed) limit
- Project coordination with Landlords, engineers, multiple vendors, permits and schedules
- Research and identify best repair options, identify recurring problems and trends, and seek out permanent solutions
- Create, update, and monitor planned maintenance programs (HVAC, cleaning, etc)
- Identify and coordinate warranty repairs
- Implementing, maintaining, and updating Service Channel
- Determine the nature and urgency of the repair problem and report the problem to the appropriate vendor
- Maintain service records database for all store locations
- Communicate progress of repairs on a regular basis by issuing weekly/monthly progress updates
- Review and approve invoices and maintain accurate reporting to the F&M Manager
- Controls the maintenance calendar for all domestic retail, establishing job priorities and time frames
- Coordination of helpdesk team ensuring all the relevant request have been addressed properly/ facilities database management.
- Ensure follow up and updates of tasks in the system to the relevant country manager
- Keep track and update all the facilities department files providing evidence monthly basis
- Maintaining records and contracts updated of all the external contractors in support of the FM department.
- Support in creation of facilities and maintenance policy and process keeping them updated.
- Occasional front desk support during receptionist absence
You’ll Need to Have:
- A degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject area
- Retail FM experience
- Good organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact well with vendors and contractors as well as corporate/retail management and co-workers
- Ability to work well under pressure and achieve result
- Proficiency with computers (FM platforms, Microsoft Office and Excel)
- European portfolio management experience and legislation knowledge
- Understanding of large budget accountability including forecasting to support the FM manager in reforecasting exercise. Something like that
- Must provide evidence of cross functional multi departmental operating
- Experience with Service Channel software preferred
We’d Love to See:
- Drive Results
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Functional Skills
Our purpose is to make all employees and customers #FeelGreat with Michael Kors. When you join our business, we want you to feel like a valued member of the team from Day 1. To make your journey enriching with us, we offer .
- Cross-brand Discount
- Exclusive Employee Sales
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous Holiday Schedule and Vacation Days
- Summer Fridays
- Internal mobility across Capri Brands (Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo, Versace)
- Hybrid working (3 days a week in the office)
- Flexible working hours
- Thrive Wellness Program
- LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program
- #FeelGreat program that include the following pillars: Connected Communities/Inspired Innovation/ Responsible Future/Meaningful Experiences
- Meal vouchers for lunch
- Free car park facility
- Discounted services across Manno
To know more about working at Michael Kors, click here!
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V