To support our Conference’s team, we are looking for a dynamic and proactive Conference Assistant. This is a 12-months’ full-time position based in our headquarter office in Basel, Switzerland.
As Conference Assistant you will:
- Support the event planning process from start to finish of several scientific events (from in-person conferences to e-conferences and webinar), including but not limited to website set-up and management, selection of venues, catering and other suppliers, establish collaborations with media partners and sponsors, and event promotion and dissemination
- Work closely with the Chairmen, scientific committee members and other scholars to prepare the conference scheduling and scientific program
- Manage conference registrations and daily attendees’ inquiries
- Effective on-site support of conference program and participants in conferences held in Basel and worldwide
- Support the Conference Team in promotional activities and event communications
- Attend team meetings and exchange of best practice suggestions with colleagues
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in communications or a related discipline
- Experience in relevant area of academic event organization
- Good knowledge in MS Office and in Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Knowledge in Video Conference tools is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Creative and dynamic team player with excellent interpersonal skills and an eye for details
- Good time management and organization skills
- Capability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and international environment
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit both your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
Apply for this job Remind me later
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!