Analytical Scientist Chemistry Research
Publication date:06 September 2022
At Syngenta, we accelerate innovation to meet the challenges of a changing world, from climate change, soil erosion and biodiversity loss to the demands of farmers and the wider society. We invest and innovate to transform the way crops are grown and protected to bring about positive, lasting change in agriculture.
In Crop Protection Research (CPR) Chemistry at the R&D Center in Stein AG, Switzerland, we focus on the design and synthesis of novel, sustainable products for healthy crops. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented researcher with a strong scientific background in chemistry to invent new active ingredients for crop protection and contribute to make agriculture more productive and sustainable. Join us at the cutting edge of science and innovation, where your growth is our priority.
Analytical Scientist Chemistry Research
About this opportunity:
As part of the Analytics team in Chemistry, you will be working within a business-critical part of the company. You will be providing diverse analytical support and solutions for customers across the Research and Development pipeline. This opportunity requires significant expertise in NMR spectroscopy. Working with colleagues you will help to maintain and advance our open access facilities. In addition, using dedicated instruments, you will provide expert advice and analysis for the more complex challenges that we face.
- Provide NMR spectroscopy expertise in support of the small molecule structural elucidation needed to progress projects across the R&D pipeline. This will involve working in close collaboration with team members, organic chemists as well as alongside other analytical experts.
- Technically support NMR spectrometers in the department.
- Be a passionate, strong and creative technical expert in the area of NMR spectroscopy
- Promote the use of advanced NMR methods and develop new applications to drive technical solutions and capability innovation.
- Exploit appropriate adjacent and emerging technologies.
- You hold a relevant PhD or MSc degree, together with significant practical experience in the application of NMR spectroscopy to small molecules. This could include experience in structure elucidation of small molecules, NMR analysis of bio-based active ingredients, NMR-based design support, quantitative NMR or reaction monitoring using NMR.
- You are proficient in the use and troubleshooting of NMR spectrometers.
- You have profound knowledge of organic chemistry.
- You are a collaborative team player with strong communication skills.
- You are open-minded, embracing technical and scientific innovation.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have experience with the provision of a robust Open Access NMR service.
- You are familiar with NMR data analysis software (e.g. ACD and/or Mestrelabs).
- You know LC/MS, GC/MS or other structure elucidation technologies
- You have experience in analytical data management and automation workflows
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- A superb working environment at our Global Research Center in Stein with well-equipped laboratories with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, attractive bonus system, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance...)
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) - 18046356
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.