SAP Project Manager (Plan-to-Consume)
Publication date:09 September 2022
Place of work:Tüffenwies 16, 8048 Zürich
Sika is a specialty chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping, reinforcing, and protecting in the building sector and motor vehicle industry. Sika has subsidiaries in 101 countries around the world and manufactures in over 300 factories. Its 27,000 employees generated annual sales of CHF 9.24 billion in 2021.
Our Global SAP team is a truly global team with over 90 employees and is known for its focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into solutions and services. We use the newest state-of-the-art S/4HANA features as our strategic platform to permanently optimize and enhance our global template. The world-wide SAP roll-out journey continues.
The organization is currently undergoing a transformation towards digitalization, advancing fundamental elements to meet future needs, such as using new technologies.
YOU can be part of this highly motivated team to ensure Sika’s continuing success on the digital journey.
In Zurich we are looking for a passionate and experienced SAP Project Manager (Plan-to-Consume)
A unique opportunity, combining a high-end SAP landscape and very dynamic business areas is waiting for you. You and your project teams will be responsible for leading and supporting business solutions in the field of digital Supply Chain Planning, Manufacturing Execution and Automation, Procurement, Supply Chain Logistics and Order-to-Cash based on latest SAP technologies. You will drive advancements – from incubating ideas, to building solutions, ensuring the stakeholders get solutions which aid in business automation/transformation, drive applications adoption and essentially create and proliferate applications/solutions which help transformative business outcomes.
SAP Project Manager (Plan-to-Consume)
- You manage project teams consisting of multi-functional, globally dispersed and virtual groups (internal and external)
- You are responsible for the day-to-day Project Management of large projects in SAP SCM and OTC portfolio defining and managing scope, budget, timelines, and quality
- You have full responsibility and authority to complete the assigned projects following our internal procedures and methodologies
- With your strong affinity to technology and the SAP world you bring in new innovations and identify improvement areas and take initiative to implement the same
- To align roadmap execution with functional and technical Team Leads of the Global SAP Teams and the Sika business Process Owners - you work closely together with our SAP team in Zürich and our Regional SAP Teams in Europe, AMERICAS, and APAC too
- In partnership with business colleagues, take a key role in identifying business opportunities and be responsible to deliver tangible and measurable business value aligned with stakeholder needs and priorities
- Pragmatic implementation of the strategic direction of the IT landscape
- Proactively research and introduce technology best-practices
- Review prototypes, solution blueprints, and project scope to ensure that the needs of the business are being met
- Align the architectures across initiatives, conform their adherence to global IT design principles and recommend steps to assure business integrity and alignment.
- Oversee technology life cycles, advise on timely decommissioning / phasing out applications
- Support software selections and pre-study projects
- Lead mission critical projects to support growth plans: projects include (but not limited to) footprint expansion, joint ventures, partnerships, operational excellence programs, etc.
- Lead M&A function: defining M&A focus, developing pipeline and executing on pipeline in collaboration with Global M&A team (engagement M&A transaction, post-merger integration)
- Participate and supporting the Management Team in the annual strategic planning cycle (3-year plan update)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, IT, Science, or other technical qualification
- 7-10 years of relevant hands-on work experience in a manufacturing related environment with S/4 HANA (or R/3) on related modules
- Experience in leading / managing successful deployment of IT in manufacturing / chemical industry within global organizations
- Proven functional expertise in end-to-end Supply Chain / Order-to-Cash processes and integration into other process areas
- Technical SAP expertise and excellent understanding and knowledge of SAP environment, modules, architecture, and strategy
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a well-structured set of Project Management skills and the ability to organize your work and give direction to your team to be successful – in a complex multinational organization
- Strong and authentic leadership personality with coaching, mentoring, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated experience effectively collaborating with customers and cross-functional teams to deliver superior business outcomes
- Creative and innovative thinking to take responsibility in identifying improvement areas and innovations, owning them and deliver success
- Manufacturing industry process know-how will be an advantage
- Readiness to travel up to 15 - 25 %
- Fluent in English and German
- The chance to bring in new ideas and innovations, work in a team of people striving for excellence, with an open and supportive culture, achieve results together with others, take responsibility early on are some of the key factors that drive Sika's pioneering spirit. If you’re willing to go the extra mile, there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- Friendly, personable, and often surprisingly uncomplicated, that's how many of our employees describe their working relationships at Sika. We call this the Sika Spirit.
- Sika – Building Trust. Trust is the most important thing for us. We trust in the capabilities of all our Sika team members - every day.
- We offer an attractive employment package with good social benefits
We look forward to your application.
For insights into what our colleagues say about working at Sika, please click here.
Sika Gesellschaften in der Schweiz
Herr Robert Lienhard
Senior Talent Attraction Partner
+41 79 679 82 51