Head of AWS Cloud Solution Architecture
Publication date:27 January 2021
Place of work:Zurich
Head of AWS Cloud Solution Architecture
Head of AWS Cloud Solution Architecture DescriptionJob #: 58973
Are you an industry visionary and technologist at heart with a passion for designing complex Cloud solutions? Are you able to guide and advise business and IT teams on the technical and organisational challenges of Cloud transformation?
Do you have strong soft skills with solid stakeholder management and program management experience? Do you want to transform businesses, so they are able to operate and grow successfully in the cloud-first world?
Then you have an opportunity to join as a Head of AWS Cloud Solution Architecture to work with highly skilled and engaged teams across the globe on AWS solutions design, build and cloud migration opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to position yourself in the centre of the German Cloud Leadership team with a view of helping build out the Practice during this very exciting time of huge growth.
You will be working on a range of programs connecting program management, architecture and delivery.
- Act as an AWS Architecture Leader and partner with engineers, architects and other senior delivery leaders
- Work hand in hand with client’s project and program counterparts to implement Cloud transformation and/or migrate enterprise workloads to the cloud
- Assess the client’s Cloud maturity, identify gaps and suggest improvements
- Create a unified strategy for cloud transformation governance, automation, security, implementation and operations
- Day-to-day lead the client through the technical and organisational challenges of Cloud transformation
- Responsible and accountable for Cloud projects success, adherence to timeline and budget
- Drive quality and productivity of EPAM global delivery teams
- Address risk and issues through concrete action plans by working with EPAM account and client engagement teams
- Avid technologist, with deep expertise in Cloud Architecture, IT Service Delivery, Program Management and Strategy
- Ability to deep dive into technical details so this is not a pure bird’s eye view strategy role. Someone that has come from an engineer/architecture background is key as all our Director level+ employees can look at the finer technical aspects when required
- History of successful Cloud migration to AWS and hybrid/private Cloud
- Strong hands-on experience in managing a complete set of activities related to the project delivery in a company such as SOW negotiation, project initiation, client management, project delivery and execution
- Deep understanding of private, public and hybrid cloud architecture, main building blocks, workload types, migration patterns and tools
- Grasp of SDLC processes (Agile, DevOps), cloud operation and support (ITIL) service delivery with hands-on ability to implement best practices or suggest improvements
- Ability to suggest competitive and innovative technical decisions, get client buy-in and deliver commitments
- Able to stand up for the team during hard times, handling escalations, expert in conflict resolution, able to bring very fuzzy ideas and vision into tangible deliverables
- Strong communication skills, ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly language
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Fluent German and English command (written and spoken)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation support as per EPAM relocation policies
- EPAM Community with regular corporate and social events
- Career growth, performance and compensation reviews
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- EPAM Switzerland was named a Top Company 2023 by Kununu for its people centric culture built on life-long learning
- EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential
- Please note that any offers will be subject to appropriate background checks
- We do not accept CVs from recruiting or staffing agencies
- For this position, we are able to consider applications from the following:
- Swiss nationals
- EU/EFTA nationals
- Third-country nationals based in Switzerland with an appropriate work permit
- Displaced people from Ukraine who are currently in Switzerland and hold, or have already applied
Head of AWS Cloud Solution Architecture Zurich, Switzerland
Thank you for your submission!
Our Talent Acquisition team will contact you with further details.
Something went wrong. Please try again.
It's highly important for us to get your CV. If you are unable to attach a document through your mobile device, please leave us the link where we can find your resume online.
First Name* First Name Last Name* Last Name Email* Email Location* Location Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antarctica Antigua Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia Botswana Brazil Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cayman Islands Chad Chile China Colombia Comoros Congo Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Democratic Republic of the Congo Denmark Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador England Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Fiji Finland France Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guyana Haiti Honduras Hong Kong SAR Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Korea, North Korea, South Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Liberia Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao SAR Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Malta Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nepal Netherlands New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestine Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Saint Lucia Saint Vincent Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Scotland Senegal Serbia Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Somalia South Africa Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Sweden Switzerland Syria Taiwan Taiwan, China Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Togo Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Türkiye Turkmenistan Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States Uruguay Uzbekistan Vatican Venezuela Vietnam Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Location State/Province* State/Province State/Province City* City City Zip Code* Zip Code Zip Code Need visa sponsorship?* Need visa sponsorship?Yes No Need visa sponsorship? Need visa sponsorship?Upload your file
Drag & drop your resume or browse files
Cancel uploadPath to selected fileBrowse...Upload your file Copy & paste your cover letter, CV link or message Copy & paste your cover letter, CV link or message LinkedIn Summary Edit SummaryEdit SummaryCancelSaveWarningAre you sure you want to leave, all modified information will be lost?NoYes
Please note that by proceeding, you consent to EPAM processing your personal data as set forth in our Applicant Privacy Notice . Please take a moment to read it before applying.
I have read and agree to the content in the Applicant Privacy Notice.
Keep me up to date via email on career opportunities and company news.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or notify your Talent Acquisition contact at any time to unsubscribe from hearing about new career opportunities or company news.
* Indicates required fields
Submit *Please complete required fields Cancel