Static Code Analyzer - C# Developer
The impact you can have
SonarSource’s .NET code analyzers are designed to fulfil the needs of any C#/VB.NET developer: spotting tricky quality issues as fast as possible while generating very little noise. Injection vulnerabilities, dereferencing null pointers, dead code, logic flow errors… are some examples of those quality issues.
The analyzers we write are used by millions of developers in every step of the software development lifecycle: starting with the IDE (SonarLint) and finishing with CI and code quality management (SonarQube, SonarCloud).
Our team is looking for a talented C# developer passionate about writing development tools to help thousands of developers write better code.
You can help SonarSource products become the go-to tools for code quality and detecting vulnerabilities in C# and VB.Net code.
The developer tooling for the Microsoft ecosystem is changing at a rapid pace - new features are being added to C# faster than ever, the Roslyn code analysis framework is constantly evolving and becoming more powerful, .NET is extending its reach to other platforms.
Your mission is to:
- Develop new rules for the analyzer on top of Roslyn
- Ensure SonarSource analyzers are up to date with the latest language features
- Ensure the analyzers integrate well with SonarLint, SonarCloud and SonarQube
By joining our team, you will be part of an autonomous team without a manager. You will choose what to work on. Within our team, you will be supported by great open-minded colleagues. You will be able to grow your development and professional skills, and focus on what matters.
On a daily basis, you will
- Develop new and maintain existing features for code analyzers for C# and Visual Basic .NET e.g. by writing new rules, and by supporting new language constructs
- Evolve the way our analyzers understand code by creating ever better models and develop new rules on top of them e.g. by taking advantage of powerful new analysis features in Roslyn, or by improving our own symbolic execution engine
- Contribute to code quality of the hundreds of thousands of developers around the world by identifying and patching issues in popular open source projects.
And at team level, you will:
- Help define the team’s short and long term goals
- Support Product Managers during the definition of new features, with your input on what is being built
- Support the Open-Source community, other SonarSourcers and the Support team and integrate their feedback
- Improve your team: perform technical reviews, challenge the status quo, improve processes, share your findings
The skills you will demonstrate
- Ability to develop in C# with clean code
- Excellent engineering skills and good Computer Science fundamentals
- Fluency in source code quality: tests (unit and functional), CI/CD
- Experience with agile practices and principles
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Leadership; you take initiative and demonstrate your ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Self-confident to challenge the status quo as well as to be challenged
Nice to have
- Experience with developing analyzers using the Roslyn framework
What we do
SonarSource was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 85,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
Why you will love it here
- You will be given ownership and challenges, team support and encouragement to help you hit your personal goals
- You will have the opportunity to be a leader in your domain
- You will have a concrete impact on a fast-growing company
- You will enjoy working as part of a casual, fun and passionate team
- You will meet and work with a talented and diverse team of 85+ professionals from 18 different nationalities
- You will enjoy the passion and drive of a start-up with big-company events and benefits
Route de l'Aéroport 29-31 1215 Geneva 15