Varian is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Our vision is a world without fear of cancer. To meet this challenge, we equip the world with new tools for fighting cancer.
Varian Medical Systems International AG Steinhausen is Varian's Headquarters for Oncology Systems operations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA), the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and India.
Senior PR Program Manager - EMEIA
This is an exceptional opportunity to join the Varian Communications Team on a permanent basis. This position is ideal for a PR professional who has extensive experience in the Medical Devices or High Technology industry and would enjoy the challenge of developing this function across EMEIA as the lead.
- Establish strong relationships with Varian Corporate Communications and EMEIA leadership, government affairs manager, product managers, and marketing personnel to keep PR/media outreach activities aligned with business priorities and objectives
- Lead the development of Varian’s EMEIA PR plan, and the execution of the company’s annual media relations/PR programs.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all key media outlets and identify producers and reporters for proactively promoting Varian businesses
- Develop media alerts, pitches, press releases, social media campaigns, blog posts, internal communication initiatives, and other materials as appropriate
- Monitor, analyse, and promote media activity, placements, and relevant news trends; generate and distribute reports.
- Perform writing, editing, and event management duties to support PR initiatives in EMEIA
- Help the corporate communications team develop and implement appropriate PR strategies and tactics for the EMEIA market, utilizing different channels including electronic and social media as appropriate for a medical device company
- Work with business units to understand their EMEIA goals and to ensure that they are included and represented in PR efforts
- Assist with crisis communications planning and execution as needed
- Provide support to the government affairs function in EMEIA as appropriate
- Extensive and demonstrable PR experience in medical, healthcare or technical industries
- Strong writing skills and story development experience
- Ability to collaborate with and provide counsel to senior executives
- Experience working with a US-headquartered company preferred
You are customer service & team-oriented and you have a proactive attitude with excellent organizational skills. You are able to work independently as well as a part of a team, you are eager to take responsibility and able to understand complexity. You thrive in managing numerous tasks accurately and simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
You are just one click away from the most impactful work you will ever do and becoming part of the global team united by purpose to fight cancer. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did. We look forward to receiving your application and CV. Job Code 15700BR. APPLY HERE