Alpiq Holding Ltd is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading and energy management. Alpiq Digital AG is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. and develops digital solutions and new service models in the energy industry.
Senior Interaction Designer - Oyster Lab by Alpiq
Oyster Lab is the cleantech company builder of Alpiq, one of the leading energy companies in Europe. We are an international team of engineers, designers, data scientists, researchers and energy experts based in the heart of Zurich, Switzerland. Together, we solve consumer problems and hope to make the world a greener place.
We are now looking for a creative and experienced Interaction Designer with a strong visual focus, who shares our entrepreneurial spirit, lives and breathes outstanding product and service design. As the customer advocate behind our companies, you will build innovative B2C services, and ensure a consistent experience across all touchpoints (with a special focus on digital touchpoints). You will create outstanding user interfaces, boost the desirability of our products and ultimately contribute to turning Oyster Lab into one of the fastest and most innovative company builders in the energy and e-commerce sector.
- Gain and analyze insights through various research methods.
- Clearly present the findings and specifications to the team through the most effective means (e.g. personas, storyboards, flowcharts, journey maps or design prototypes).
- Design MVP's, user interfaces, interaction design and information architecture for multiple platforms, using participatory and iterative design techniques.
- Work with the team to organise continuous testing within each product development phase.
- Breath and implement ambitious mobile-first design and interactions for a variety of screen sizes and form factors.
- Create visually balanced designs, graphical elements, illustrations and interactions.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented accurately.
- Promote Oyster Lab in relevant communities, events, social media and conferences.
- 3-5 years of design experience, 1+ years in a senior role are a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Visual/UI/IxD Design.
- You live for creating and implementing ambitious responsive designs, including the definition of user flows and the application of IxD principles.
- You can prove the ability to build successful design systems, responsive layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile.
- You master your prototyping, visualization and development tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe CS, Sketch, Axure, Framer, etc.).
- You have solid experience in user research and testing based on a variety of different methodologies. Knowledge of data and web analytics is a plus.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with an aptitude for constantly breaking new ground while setting the right priorities between business and customer requirements.
- You possess effective communication and storytelling skills
- You have an interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional teams.
- English language fluency. German a big plus (especially for research). Other languages a plus.
Nice to have
- You have proven experience in utilizing a variety of user-centered iterative design methodologies and objective evaluation techniques, i.e. Design Thinking and Lean Startup.
- You possess hands-on experience in the B2C domain of Smart Home, Internet of Things, Smart City and E-Mobility. Experience in designing for consumers in the Swiss and other European markets is a big plus.
- You possess an interest and understanding of relevant trends and technologies
- You have intercultural competencies and proven experience working in an international and dynamic startup environment outside of Switzerland.
Oyster Lab works with qualitative and quantitative research methods to solve real customer needs whilst constantly tracking product performance. This allows us to build products that combine outstanding user experience with data that proves it. You will have the opportunity to be part of lean customer development cycles where continuous testing in all shapes and forms is vital to product development. Oyster Lab uses qualitative and quantitative research methods to solve real needs of customers and build products that combine great design and outstanding user experience.
Join our international team of people who are strategic, transparent, supportive and encouraging. We maintain a startup spirit with low hierarchies, yet enjoy the amenities of a grown-up enterprise. You will learn more than you ever thought possible about a variety of topics related to the nuts and bolts of agile practices, human-centered design, and product innovation.
We offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours, discounts from external partners, relocation assistance for internationals, amazing team events and game nights (e.g. kicker, Mario Kart N64, Cards Against Humanity), and much more. English is our default language, and our Swiss colleagues will happily provide you with snackable Swiss-German lessons. Our office space lies within an easy walking distance of central Zurich, Europe's wealthiest, most sustainable and second most liveable city in the world.
NB: Only applications including a CV and portfolio (link or max. 5MB PDF) can be considered.