For our client, a major Swiss Bank, we are looking for a Java Developer for a long term project in Lugano, Switzerland.
- Sector: Banking
- Location: Lugano, Switzerland
- Duration: 12 months, extension intended
Job Description: We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in financial messaging and building scalable enterprise-grade applications.
You'll be working in the Global Messaging and Screening Capability Unit of Group Technology in Manno as part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept to design and testing Your main role will be developing in JAVA coupled with data transformations through a product called Volante specializing in financial messaging and interfacing into multiple banking applications and technologies.
You will also:
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Knowledge of SWIFT message types MT1XX, MT2XX and the equivalent of the ISO20022 standard
- Knowledge of Mainframe environments and Cobol programming
- Software development experience preferably in the financial industry (Java & J2EE) would be a benefit
- strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
- 5+years of experience as software engineer
If you would like to find our more, pleas apply or contact Nadja Espey directly on +41 44 296 88 42
Harvey Nash AG
+41 44 296 8842