Intellectual Property (IP) Analyst
Intellectual Property Analyst
"I want to make the most of my potential and get more out of my career" Nestec S.A., Vevey, Switzerland Permanent contract, act. Rate 100%
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favorites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
To complete our Group Legal, R&D and IP you will be supporting the Department's objectives of preparing, filing, prosecuting and defending Nestlé's Intellectual Property, and of managing Protection Planning, by (1) identifying, evaluating and reporting on Prior Art relevant to all aspects of IPR creation and defence and (2) collecting and analysing the patent literature to contribute insight for competitive landscape studies.
- Manage the IP Analytics process end to end, by reviewing requirements
- Prepare comprehensive search strategy to collect all relevant data
- Analyze dataset, extracting and compiling the relevant information to enable decision making
- Provide expert level support for all questions related to patent information
- Provide expert level support on dedicated IP information and analysis tools
- Advanced university or engineering degree (minimum Master, preferably PhD) in a technical field (food science, nutrition, chemistry, biochemistry, bioinformatics, molecular biology, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, etc.)
- Expertise in scientific, technical and patent information searching and retrieval, including biological sequence searching and sequence alignment algorithms, chemical structure searching
- Expert knowledge in patent classification and database-specific thesauri and classification schemes
- Knowledge of patent law as deemed relevant to the performance of the job
- Excellent knowledge of English indispensable - very good knowledge of German highly desired
Show us that you have an accurate, cooperative and service oriented mindset. Your capacity to work under pressure answering a broad range of inquiries will contribute to your and our success. Do not miss this opportunity and apply in English on our career website www.nestle.com/jobs.
Avenue Nestlé 55 1800 Vevey