Java Software Engineer
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value?
We're looking for someone like you to help us. You will:
– design and implement solutions, writing high quality code and adhere to coding standards
– work across full delivery cycle to ensure high quality delivery, utilizing automated testing
– support the system / team in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– work as part of an agile development team and collaborate with global business and IT stakeholders
– perform level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You'll be working in the UBS FX Derivatives team in Zurich. The team provides server-side solutions for pricing and execution of a wide range of financial instruments including FX Vanilla & Exotic Options. The programme of work has a very high profile and is recognised to be a key part of our business strategy.
Your experience and skills
– strong server-side Java skills, including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming
– object-oriented design experience
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– working experience in agile SDLC and TDD methodology, with Git/GitHub and continuous integration
– ability to work closely with business partners, as part of a global team, delivering interactively
– interest in financial industry or FX derivatives business knowledge
– passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity, you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace
– someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
– proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
– quick learner
– an excellent communicator, strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.