Global Procurement Manager for Transformer Components and Services (80 – 100%)
Location: Zürich, Altstetten, Switzerland
Job Function: Procurement & Logistics
Job Reference Code: CH68254880
In this role, you will be responsible for defining specific procurement strategies for our Insulation and Components Global Product Group within our Transformers Business Unit. You will lead procurement activities to ensure the competitiveness of our materials and services in new product developments, product re-designs, standardization and major cross-functional projects. You will be key in supporting our factories in the execution of strategic actions, such as new investments, footprint changes, outsourcing and “must win” tender review. Last but not least, you will be the central point of contact for our Transformers Business Unit to define and enhance procurement processes and continuously promote best practices, benchmarks and increase of ABB4ABB spend.
Do your credentials include strong project management and active listening skills? Do you feel at ease to work across functions and in a multinational environment? Do you combine strategic thinking with a hands-on approach? Let's write the future. Together.
- Active involvement in product introductions, product and platform development, standardization and global numbering
- Support value engineering, design to value activities
- Lead cross-functional procurement projects as per sourcing gate model (dynamic evolution) and run major projects
- Support the definition and implementation of procurement activities for major footprint changes, make vs buy or outsourcing activities
- Define plans and roll out main procurement strategies for Global Product Group
Operational and support tasks:
- Ensure reliable processes and competitive material costs in tenders and contract reviews
- Organize best practice sharing, actively define and roll out benchmarks and assessments
- Support our factories in the execution of strategic procurement actions as well as our Transformers Business Unit in managing initiatives and ad hoc requests
- University degree in Engineering or Economics (Bachelor or Master), MBA is an advantage
- At least five years of experience in procurement, ideally with focus on industrial products – experience with transformers is a big plus.
- Strongly demonstrable capabilities in project management
- ISM CPSM certification is a plus
- Proven ability to influence in a cross-functional environment and been exposed to various cultures
- Strong active listening and communication skills
- Proficiency in English, any additional language considered an advantage
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
Possible locations for this role are:
- Lodz – PL
- Zürich Altstetten – CH
- Montelbello / Monselice – IT
- Ludvika / Figeholm / Pitea – SE
- Brilon – DE
- Halol / Vadodara – IN
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone +41 79 627 53 03
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees, thereof 6,000 in Switzerland. abb.com
ABB Schweiz AG