Strategic Program Manager - Chemicals
Strategic Program Manager - Chemicals (
: Supply Chain
Datum der Veröffentlichung
: Feste Anstellung
: There has never been a more exciting time to be working in Procurement when you consider the sheer scale of what we
are seeking to do in doubling the size of the business whilst reducing our environmental impact.
As Unilever Procurement adapts to the ever dynamic business environment, we will need to be agile in order to continue
our track record of delivery in contributing to the top and bottom line. Inevitably, given the consistent and high
quality of our delivery over the past few years, we will be asked to continue this rate of performance and indeed go
over and above this standard to ensure the value provided is further enhanced across the scope of our remit.
As well as ensuring that we are best in class in delivering the basics, we also have to look to the future and
continuously evolve to meet the needs of our changing environment - reinventing ourselves for sustained competitive
advantage. And of course, we are only half of the picture. Our suppliers are at the heart of everything we do. We need
to work more closely than ever with suppliers to co-create sustainable practices and bigger and better innovations.
This places great demands on the skills and expertise of all of us as Procurement professionals.
For our location in Schaffhausen, Switzerland wie are looking for a:
Strategic Program Manager - Chemicals
Main Job Purpose: Chemicals Procurement is led by the Chemicals Procurement Leadership Team (CPLT) who has the
responsibility for strategy, capability building and talent development as well as the engagement with all categories,
clusters and supplier eco systems across the world in driving value from the many complex value chains that exist in
the business and the industry. The Strategic Programme Manager will be a member of the CPLT and be the right hand
person to the Vice President of the Chemicals Portfolio and be responsible for the co-creation and execution of the
Chemicals portfolio strategy as well as ensure timely and balanced communication across stakeholders.
- Co-creating the Chemicals Procurement Strategy - including looking at the overall strategy for the Chemicals
portfolio, helping the Leadership Team along with the VP to co-create and refresh the strategy on a regular basis,
understanding Procurement Market needs and converting them into the strategy and action plans, and aligning the
strategy with the CPO.
- Executing the Strategy - including ensuring delivery of the strategy, performance review and tracking output vs
strategic goals and objectives, CPLT review, CPO review, connecting with Markets and adapting plans to suit, updates to
the Unilever Procurement Leadership Team (UPLT) on the chemicals deliverables and action plans, etc.
- Communication : Ensuring timely and balanced communication across stakeholders, sharing both the positives as well
as seeking support when things are not going well.
- Be the sounding board for the VP as well as frame the issue, conceptualize and draft a solution in order to get the
from the CPLT on builds and inputs
- Be a master communicator by synthesizing all input received into clear messaging, and by building a narrative around
everything that is done by the CPLT
- Be a master at stakeholder management and influencing. Build deep relationships based on trust and mutual
understanding in order to work smoothly across a wide range of leaders and stakeholders across the business.
- Lead and drive the implementation of selected projects and/or workstreams of the Chemicals Strategy initiatives
- Support the VP Chemicals Procurement in planning and preparing for internal and external engagements
- Develop CPLT agenda including minutes of meetings and follow-up and coordinate the quarterly Chemicals webcast.
- Support the VP Chemicals Procurement in developing key messages and presentation material for internal and external
- Be accountable for the development and delivery of key strategic programs such as Digital, Sustainability,
Resilience as well as ensuring the respective targets are achieved by the CPLT
- University degree
- At least 5 years experience in Procurement or Supply Management
- Strong professional Procurement skills including supply market intelligence and analysis, supply strategy
development and implementation, managing alliances and relationships and negotiation.
- Project & change management
- Interpersonal and networking
- Strong stakeholder management & communication
- Fluency in English is a must
- Demonstrated ability to motivate/influence colleagues and in the process holding oneself as well as others
accountable for reaching ambitiously set targets
- Experience in managing complex/multicultural environments
What we offer:
- Agile work (e. g. flextime, home office)
- Wide range of training opportunities and development prospects
- Attractive remuneration and additional financial benefits
- Centrally located office in Schaffhausen (2 min from the main train station) in a very diverse and international
- Global role within a fast paced, multinational company
Should you require any additional information please contact Talent Advisor Switzerland, Tsering: HR.DACH@unilever.com
We very much look forward to your online application!
*Applications via Email will not be taken into account.