Kongsberg Automotive provides world class products to the global vehicle industry. Our products enhance the driving experience, making it safer, more comfortable and sustainable. With revenues of approx. EUR 1.1 billion and approximately 10.500 employees in 19 countries, Kongsberg Automotive is truly a global supplier. The company is headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland and has more than 25 production facilities worldwide. The product portfolio includes seat comfort systems, driver and motion control systems, fluid assemblies, and industrial driver interface products developed for global vehicle manufacturers.
Indirect Purchasing Director Global (f/m/x) in Zurich
We are currently looking for Indirect Purchasing Director - Global (f/m/x) within the Corporate Purchasing Organization. This position will be based in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Set operational targets and monitor fulfilment over time.
- In co-operation with the local Project Managers and other stakeholders, maximize cost efficiency of investments and spend and select suppliers.
- Address supplier shortfalls to contracts when escalated by stakeholders.
- In co-operation with Segment Operational VPs, map future investment needs and leverage KA spend to maximize benefit for KA.
- In co-operation with Legal, establish and maintain optimum Global Terms and Conditions for indirect business.
- Develop a team with strong technical, commercial and communications skills.
To be successful in this position, the candidate should have a (Bachelor or Master) degree related to Procurement and experience with a similar working environment and or function. Additionally, we would like to see:
- Strong communication and project management skills in combination with a technical understanding
- Highly developed time management and follow up skills with the ability to multi-task and determine priorities
- Takes initiative, managing timelines, handle large workload and efficient
- Ability to analyze cost structures/drivers relating to supplier price submissions and negotiate prices, timing, and terms
- Experience in automotive manufacturing industry environment
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent purchasing position
- A proactive, goal-oriented and Cross-functional approach
- Strong analytical and technical understanding
- Result-driven, flexible to travel and can set priorities
- High degree of personal integrity and confidence
- Excellent business communication skills
- Experienced in stakeholder management and motivated to lead global as well as regional negotiations with our Suppliers and Stakeholders
- Being fluent in the English language is a must. Other languages such as French and or German are beneficial.
In addition to the tasks described above, duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing people
- Establish personal objectives that are in line with the targets defined for the company
- Set and ensure objectives are met and secure corrective actions when needed
- Provide coaching and mentoring
- Development of assigned personnel
- Support corporate projects initiated from time to time
- Participate in Purchasing Management staff meetings
- Reports to the Executive Vice President of Purchasing
We want your Integrity, your Accountability, your Teamwork your Creativity.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and embrace diversity within our workforce. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We offer an unlimited contract within a dynamic and international environment with prospects for personal growth. If this sounds challenging and interesting, we are looking forward to receiving your application by registering your CV and motivation letter in English.
Please inform us regarding your earliest entry date and salary expectations.
For any questions or further information, please contact, Bea Danczkay, Manager HR Corporate, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kongsberg Automotive provides world-class products to the global vehicle industry. Our products enhance the driving experience, making it safer, more comfortable and sustainable.
In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles… Welcome to your distinguished career at Kongsberg Automotive!
Find more information at www.kongsbergautomotive.com