The holder of this position reports to the European Internal Audit Director and is expected to be a leader within PartnerRe’s worldwide Internal Audit Team.
In this role you will actively support execution of the annual audit plan to provide independent assurance and advice, and will lead and participate in various assurance and consulting assignments throughout the different parts of the organization. Furthermore, you will help senior management understand and address the risks associated with their business processes and, where necessary, make constructive recommendations for improvement in internal controls. In addition, you will take a lead role in professional practices, training / developing team members, and coordinate with internal subject matter experts. We will support you with training courses in relevant fields.
In more detail your responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to internal audit’s annual planning process to develop the risk-based plan
- Lead and conduct risk-based audits of key business processes and controls (including Sarbanes Oxley testing) in accordance with professional standards for internal auditing to ensure that internal controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively
- Partner with management to provide advice on risk related issues or corporate development activities, new system implementations and other strategic initiatives to ensure internal controls are properly considered and designed;
- Develop and maintain the Internal Audit function’s policies and procedures and take the lead in internal self-assessments and external assessments
- Train and develop other team members
- Take the lead role in coordinating the “guest auditor” program whereby Underwriters and Actuaries join the Internal Audit team to provide internal subject matter expertise
- Follow-up of on audit recommendations to ensure appropriate corrective action has been taken to resolve identified control deficiencies
- Contribute to group and legal entity audit status reports
As a successful Internal Auditor Manager you will have a proven track record of delivering assurance in the above areas of responsibilities. In addition, you have the following background, skills and mindset:
- University degree in management, accounting or another relevant area
- Minimum of 4-5 years of internal or external audit experience
- CPA, CIA or similar qualification required
- Good project management, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused, collaborative, flexible, persistent and results-oriented
- Self-starter who can adapt quickly to a changing environment
- Able to contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience with data analytics as part of the audit work is a plus
- Re/insurance experience is a plus
For permit reasons you are either an EU or Swiss citizen, or entitled to work in Switzerland.
What can we offer you
An international environment, where you will be challenged, can learn from Senior Specialists and are exposed to multiple sections of our business. Our structure fosters collaboration with various stakeholders.
One of PartnerRe’s core strengths is its technical know-how, built over many years of investment in the right people working on challenges. Be that person and join us!