"Working together and standing apart"
Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland Permanent contract,
Act. rate 100%
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of four major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
To complete our Technology Department, we are currently looking for a R&D Designer. In this role, you will drive visual valorization of concepts and prototypes from Nestlé Research. You will provide support to ideation, concept and prototype generation, and maintain functional connection with key stakeholders of our innovation process. You will also support innovation activities in close collaboration with Business and Technical and you will act as a bridge between Nestlé Research and businesses, agencies, etc. to provide solutions to our consumers' needs to drive innovation.
- Support major Innovation & Renovation projects using Nestlé creative problem solving design tools
- Leverage consumer knowledge and insights from other Nestlé entities and interpret for application to R&D Innovation/renovation projects
- Proactively propose and drive new ideas/projects/methods
- Build and document knowledge about latest methods, trends and developments in Design
- Integrate basic knowledge (or knowledge from other fields) in the interpretation of the results
- Support the facilitation of the ideation and conceptualization process with innovative ideas and concepts
- Propose and implement new tools for early conceptualization
- Promote Design thinking awareness across the organization; contribute to competence development in the field of expertise
- Connect with & leverage the Nestlé Design network, contributing to establishment of best practices and competency development in new area (i.e. Digital)
- Master Degree in Industrial Design or Service Design
- At least 5 years experience in FMCG
- Mastery of the latest design software tools and equipments (Adobe Suite, 3D CAD softwares and printing)
- Proven ability to interact with scientific/technical experts and commercial colleagues
- Proven track record in delivering projects involving cross-functional teams
- Hands on Knowledge of product development process within an R&D environment
- Successfully supported several projects giving Design recommendations and solutions
- Fluent in English
Show us that you have a strong creative culture and a true passion for design. Your strong team player behavior and influencing skills are what will set you among the other candidates. If you are someone with positive customer service attitude and outstanding ability to communicate effectively and openly, please apply in English on www.nestle.com/jobs.
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
Avenue Nestlé 55 1800 Vevey