Founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, USA, Zimmer Biomet is a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare. We design, manufacture and market orthopaedic reconstructive products; sports medicine, biologics, extremities and trauma products; spine, bone healing, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic products; dental implants; and related surgical products.
We collaborate with healthcare professionals around the globe to advance the pace of innovation. Our products and solutions help treat patients suffering from disorders of, or injuries to, bones, joints or supporting soft tissues. Together with healthcare professionals, we help millions of people live better lives.
For the European Headquarter, based in Winterthur (Switzerland), we are looking for a
Hip Development Engineer
In this position you will be responsible for the design, development, processing and maintenance of implants and instruments under the direction of a project leader or manager.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Generate and maintain design assurance documentation for Hip products (implants and instruments)
- Support existing products on the market from the engineering side
- Optimize product design for manufacturability, inspectibility and cost
- Support new development projects
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Professional experience as a trainee or during an apprenticeship would be a plus
- Good understanding of human physiology and joint mechanics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Project
- Ability to work effectively within a team to expedite completion of project tasks with other functional groups
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Good written and verbal command of English and German
This dynamic job position includes travel activities up to 10%.
This is a unique opportunity to develop your international experience and be a part of a truly global team. Zimmer Biomet offers a wide range of challenging career advancement opportunities and a dynamic work environment. We look forward to receiving your complete application online.