Present on 5 continents with 88 000 employees across the world, SUEZ is an industrial services and solutions company specializing in securing and recovering resources. Our employees are united to provide their contribution to the challenges of the resource revolution and our business is organized around 4 activities: water; waste recovery; water treatment solutions; and consulting.
The Purification & Disinfection (P&D) Technology team in Switzerland is focusing on the ozone system, used mainly for the treatment of municipal and industrial water plants (color and taste removal; disinfection; COD removal; micropollutants; etc).
Based next to Zürich (Switzerland), the objective of this internship is to update and standardize the tools and processes for the design of ozone products used for water treatment in municipal or industrial applications.
INTERNSHIP ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
This position is part of the Ozone Product Research & Development Department.
The goal of this Department is to develop new ozone products, new plant solutions and to support the production and the engineering teams. It involves all our different entities (North America, EMEA and ASIA).
The main actions will be:
- Reviewing the electrical design of our products according CE certification requirements, especially according Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, Safety of Machinery EN 13849, ROHS regulation and CPR regulation;
- Supporting UL/CSA certification of our standard product ranges;
- Design of electrical power distribution panel, including process automation and PLC programming (Allen Bradley, Siemens or Sigmatek);
- Prototyping, testing, measuring and validating;
- Realization of PLC/HMI remote access with SERIAL / PROFINET and MODBUS TCP interfaces;
- Creation of tools and automized lists used for electrical engineering;
- Creation or updates of schematic diagrams with EPLAN P8;
- Preparation of documentation: presentation, specification sheets, design guidelines, operation & maintenance manuals, instruction works related to ozonia® products;
- Creation of an ozone product FAQ “Frequently Asked Questions” site on sharing platform;
- Perform Skype trainings to the engineering teams of our different entities;
- Support the application department with engineering knowledge for special projects.
At least, third year of Engineering degree, Major Electrical Engineering
- General electrical engineering knowledge
- Preferably experience in power distribution, automation and PLC programming
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Access) tools
- Experience in electrical CAD
- Good technical English is required (oral and in writing)
- German, Mandarin Chinese or French will be appreciated
- Organized and pro-active
- Dynamic and initiating
- Independent to go forward
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team working spirit
- Likes to work in multicultural environment
At least 4 months
Start: beginning of 2020
Resume and letter of motivation have to be submitted in English .
Degrémont Technologies AG
Herr Tito Scherrer
Deputy director Ozone product development
Stettbachstrasse 1, 1