The AO is a medically guided, not-for-profit organization led by an international group of surgeons specialized in the treatment of trauma and disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Founded in 1958 by a group of visionary surgeons, today, the AO has a global network of 200,000 health care professionals. Each year it offers over 830 educational events around the world, which are supported by nearly 9,000 faculty and are attended by over 58,000 participants. It has 20,000 surgeon members working in the fields of trauma, spine, craniomaxillofacial (CMF), veterinary, and reconstructive surgery.
The Communications & Events (C&E) team, based in Davos is looking to hire a
Design Manager (f/m)
At the AO we are looking to hire a Design Manager to drive excellence in the organization's graphic design solutions and enhance the AO's brand reputation. In this newly created role, you will provide leadership and manage a small team including creative design, desktop publishing, photography and videography, to drive design excellence and help enhance brand strength.
You should understand all of the elements of the design process from end-to-end, be people-oriented, and a great communicator.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading brand management within the organization, supporting internal customer needs, and organizational branding changes.
- Manage a small team including creative design, desktop publishing, photography and videography
- Manage valued external partners, ie, agencies and freelancers
- Oversee strategic design/branding/photography projects from initial idea to final completion
- Liaising with clients to understand business and project needs
- Establish best-in-class briefing process for creative work across the organization
- Provide consultancy with internal customers to ensure best practice planning, delivery and branding/design impact, against agreed KPIs
- Establishing and leading quality assurance (QA) across AO's communications channels to ensure final output is on brand, relevant, and best-in-class
- Assisting on the creative production side when needed and driving a culture of high performing teamwork
- Managing production plans to ensure project goals and expectations are met on-time
To fulfil this role, you must have:
- Profound knowledge of art direction and graphic design in digital space, branding, and visual language strategy
- Profound knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Project management skills, delivering complex projects globally
- Agency experience preferred
- Detail oriented, pixel-perfect approach
- Strong references with proven impact on successful brands
- Experience with leading min. 2-3 creatives
- Excellent communications skills that enable trusted partnerships to be built with varied and senior colleagues
- Good teaching skills, in both one-to-one and classroom environments
- Ability to understand business strategy and translate this into successful branding/design strategy
- Experience with designing websites and producing digital campaign assets
- Affinity with technology and a flair for innovation
- Good English (verbal and written), German is desirable
- Ability to travel (10-20%)
If you meet the requirements of this challenging opportunity, please submit your complete online application (motivation letter, CV, recent photograph, certificates, reference letters, etc) through our online application system. Applications received via other channels will not be considered in the process.
Start of work
HR Business Partner, AO Foundation phone: +41814142813 mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Clavadelerstrasse 8 7270 Davos