Legal Counsel R&D
Location: Vevey, Switzerland
Company: Société des produits Nestlé
Full-Time, Act. Rate 100% Position Summary
To join our Legal R&D team in Vevey (Switzerland), we are looking for a Legal Counsel R&D. In this role, you will be a legal business partner for Nestlé's worldwide and central R&D units. A day in the life of...
What will make you successful
- Proactively implement key external collaboration projects with R&D, including with the Open Innovation and Venturing team, to bring trend-based products to market faster and more efficiently.
- Legal partner for R&D's new ways of working (e.g. the R&D Accelerator) to accelerate consumer-centric product launches, balancing speed with adequate protection.
- Draft, negotiate and provide legal advice on R&D agreements with start-ups, universities, suppliers and innovation partners ensuring business-oriented IP strategy in conjunction with patent counsel.
- Advise on guidelines and best practices for the R&D community and for local contract managers
- Prepare and update template agreements for R&D
- Advise on compliance matters relevant to R&D leveraging, where needed, the broader Nestlé legal and compliance function or external counsel. (e.g. for clinical trials, data privacy, anti-trust, M&A)
- Identify legal R&D topics of relevance and present in cooperation with the Legal R&D team or the wider legal and compliance function.
- Qualified Lawyer with at least 5 years' experience in an international environment
- Solid knowledge of technical IP matters, patents and drafting and negotiating license, technology transfer and other IP driven agreements
- Experience of Clinical Trials and Data Privacy requirements and/or Scientific qualification a plus
- Strategic thinker, independent and proactive lawyer, with solid business acumen
- Full command of written and oral English; French desired
We are Nestlé, the largest food and beverage company. We are 308,000 employees strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: repect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geopraphies, working with diverse teams and cultures. Want to learn more? Visit us at www.nestle.com.
Avenue Nestlé 55 1800 Vevey