responsAbility is one of the world’s leading asset managers specializing in development-related sectors of emerging economies. responsAbility provides debt and equity financing to non-listed companies…
Legal Counsel Debt Transactions - specialized in Energy
responsAbility is one of the world’s leading asset managers specializing in development-related sectors of emerging economies. responsAbility provides debt and equity financing to non-listed companies with business models that target the lower-income section of the population and can thus drive economic growth and social progress. responsAbility is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment is to provide you with the best possible recruitment experience along with a neutral assessment of your CV and application. Your skill set, education and experience are what we focus on. We therefore kindly ask you to support us on this matter by refraining from putting any personal details (such as picture, gender, marital status etc.) on your CV or motivation letter.
To support our growing climate finance activities, we are looking for a dedicated and client-oriented
The position was created to satisfy the legal needs in our continuously growing Energy business. This responsibility offers a lot of opportunities for a candidate who is able to support the business in reaching the goals.
Your Main Tasks
- Advise various internal stakeholders in connection with debt transactions throughout the investment phase for commercial and industrial Renewable Energy companies/projects, energy access companies and financial institutions
- Draft, review and negotiate general energy finance documents, such as term sheets, loan agreements, amendment agreements, waivers, security documents, intercreditor agreements, EPC and O&M agreements
- Review legal opinions, co-ordinate work of external legal counsels in various jurisdictions
- Work closely with the Energy Debt Financing team and proactively liaise with colleagues throughout the responsAbility network where needed
- Strategically advising clients in meetings, on the phone and by email
- Advise on “know-your-client” requirements according to the law and our internal policies
Your Experience and Skills
- Master’s degree in law and min. 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position in the financial industry (in-house or tier one law firm)
- Strong technical knowledge of the legal framework around general financing transactions, both civil and common law, and finance documentation (LMA/LSTA)
- Sound legal knowledge in regards of International Private Law as well as in Finance and Corporate Law, Energy Debt/Project Finance transactions and the related project documentation (e.g. PPAs, Lease, EPC and O&M agreements).
- Able to work independently and under pressure by respecting tight deadlines; action and client-oriented with focus on continuous improvement; high degree of initiative, reliability as well as willingness and ability to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient command of business English, including Legal terminology; knowledge of French and/or Spanish will be considered an asset
- Enjoys working with others and easily adapts to different cultures; passionate about impact investments and climate change topics
responsAbility Investments AG
Frau Esther Fröhlich
Head Human Resources