The Sensory Investigator provides industry-leading and applicable sensory & consumer expertise to lead projects and strategies which contribute to the development and commercialization of foundational research projects. You will identify development areas and implement research projects to develop improved and new products and solutions, according to company's goals and corporate strategy.
You will be a part of a global team of Sensory Scientists, and support a culture of sensory innovation aligned with the needs while also supporting a research portfolio. You will directly report to the Sensory and Applications Director.
Science and Technology Sensory Investigator
Sound interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you, like us, are experienced at building relationships and always aiming to anticipate and exceed customer needs.
- Project Management
Use knowledge (within projects) to creatively solve difficult problems in own or related specialties. Provide industry–leading Sensory expertise to support S&T and Givaudan’s business. Build complex research programs and provide technical leadership within sensory science and other related areas. Moreover you will determine project success criteria in collaboration with team members.
- Global Interaction
Contribute to promotion of Sensory capabilities and results to internal stakeholders. Moreover you will organize global communication to ensure transfer of best practice between teams and ensure information sharing within the department and with all relevant groups within and outside of S&T.
- Sensory Innovation
Develop new methodologies within function. Propose projects aiming at scouting, development and implementation of strategic technologies in sensory & consumer science and other related areas of expertise. Propose a strategic presence at all conferences and scientific fairs relevant for sensory science and other related areas of expertise.
- Strategy Management
Help develop functional strategies from a scientific standpoint. Create projects or programs according to our needs and overall strategy. Provide input to expense and capital budgets. Lead competitor understanding within department. Lead identification of potential opportunities for collaborative innovation within the business and foundational project portfolio.
Mentor other scientific professionals. Participate in hiring process of new scientific professionals (help determine position profile). Identify current and future resource and capability needs within sensory science and other related areas of expertise. Identify training and development needs for essential technical competencies within sensory science and other related areas within the department.
Are you someone who wants to grow your world? Who excels being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then join us – and improve your world.
- University degree + 10 years job training or MS + 7 years training or PhD and 4 years job training
- In-depth understanding of the food or flavour business preferred, or comparable experience with specialized technology
- Proficiency in applying creative Sensory & Consumer approaches
- Proficiency in leadership of cross-functional teams and project management
- Experienced in the design and management of complex research studies
- Experienced in mentoring scientific personnel and leading support staff in conducting complex experiments
- Demonstrate creativity to solve technical problems (specialist) or solve a broad range of complex problems (generalist)
- Experienced in communicating, working and inspiring teams and managing conflicts
- Business Fluent in English; additional language skills are of asset
- Knowledge of advanced statistical approaches, experimental design and software applied to Sensory & Consumer science
- Variable pension fund contribution
- Sport and leisure club
- Company shop
- Staff restaurant
- Public transportation support
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. The Company achieved sales of CHF 6.2 billion in 2019. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 181 locations, the company has almost 14,969 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
Herr Johnny Nguyen