GLOBAL SUSTAINABILITY CO-ORDINATOR
Publication date:20 September 2022
Swiss-based Aryzta is an international food business with a leading position in frozen B2B bakery business in Europe and APAC. Aryzta’s customer channels consist of grocery, convenience, quick service restaurants, bakeries and foodservice. Listed on the Swiss stock exchange, Aryzta employs around 9,200 people today, with revenues of EUR 1.525 bn in 2021.
After a successful and planned, yet significant, restructuring of the group structure the business is now organized with Europe and APAC as geographic clusters.
ARYZTA Europe (EUR 1.284bn in 2021) has leading market positions in the bakery markets in Switzerland, Germany, France, Ireland, the UK, the Netherlands, Hungary, Poland, Denmark, Spain, Sweden, Romania and other European countries.
The vision of Aryzta is to be the preferred partner for in store bakery solutions in three channels:
To realize our vision the value proposition and promise to our customers is to deliver the gold standard for in store bake off solutions with focus on three categories:
- Bread Rolls & Artisan Loaves
- Sweet Baked & Morning Goods
- Savoury & Other
The dimensions and key value drivers to deliver against the gold standard are:
- Being the best in Category Know How and Innovation - we want to be category captain
- Being the best in Customer Development
- Being the best in Channel Know How
- Being the best in Quality and Efficiency
In terms of Business Models, Aryzta operates through:
- 1. Aryzta Bakery - servicing large retail customers
- 2. Aryzta QSR - servicing Quick Service Restaurant chains and
Aryzta Food Solutions - servicing large numbers of individual customers mainly in foodservice
GLOBAL SUSTAINABILITY CO-ORDINATOR
Overall Purpose of role:
The Global Sustainability Co-ordinator is an active member of the Global sustainability team and supports the implementation of the Group ESG & Sustainability Strategy. His/her key responsibility will be managing all data associated with ARYZTA’s sustainability programme, i.e. the collation, validation, and analytics of all sustainability data. The job holder is required to control all internal and external data reporting processes and requirements. Furthermore, he/she is responsible to provide technical support and to strengthen and grow the existing sustainability network in ARYZTA. The role advises across the business on sustainability projects, initiatives and sustainability innovation, which contribute to our overall ESG & Sustainability strategy and goals.
With a strong background in and passion for sustainability, the Global Sustainability Co-ordinator supports in the development of a sustainability framework to facilitate communication, alignment and continuous improvement on sustainability matters.
The Global Sustainability Co-ordinator further monitors and supports capital projects and Capex spend related to sustainability, in order to optimise on environmental improvements and best practice sustainability approaches.
This role also supports the APAC Sustainability Manager in aligning to ARYZTA’s ESG agenda and builds effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including our key customers.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Active team member of ARYZTA’s Global sustainability network & team
- Manages and co-ordinates sustainability data collation and analytics, leveraging on existing tools to collate, validate, and analyse data in order to fulfil necessary reporting requirements both internally and externally
- Leads and facilitates the development and/or optimization around ESG data management processes towards the simplest and most efficient / effective solutions
- Controls, owns and monitors ESG & sustainability KPIs and ensures adherence to ARYZTA group defined standards across the business
- Anticipates, interprets and communicates changes in regulatory requirements impacting our business
- Supports the Sustainability Governance team where needed
- Supports sites with ISO14001 and ISO50001 management and performs functional audits around these where / when required
- Develops a sustainability training programme to foster understanding and improved knowledge on sustainability across our business
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical support on sustainability projects / initiatives at site level
- Works with local Site Management teams including sustainability teams to create action plans to meet Group level sustainability commitments and goals, and monitor / report status on these action plans
- Creates the platform / forum for internal and external communication telling ARYZTA’s environmental sustainability story through progress reports, blogs, articles and social media; following alignment and in partnership with ARYZTA Group Communications team
- Manages sustainability surveys, questionnaires
- Builds effective working relationships with key customers
- Supports and provides subject matter expertise towards procurement function for sustainable sourcing strategy
- Benchmarks with other best practice companies to further enhance ARYZTA’s own sustainability agenda
Skills & competencies and attitude required:
- Strong background in sustainability, preferably within the Food industry with >5 years’ experience in the field; (Undergraduate and / or Post Graduate qualification in Sustainability)
- Practical experience in managing sustainability data and related analytics
- Awareness of international sustainability initiatives (e.g. Farm to Fork strategy, UN Sustainable Development Goals)
- Experience with relevant reporting frameworks, such as CDP, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage with and support cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; second language an advantage • Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Assertive, self-motivated and resilient
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment
- Flexibility with work schedules and business travel where needed
- Competent in problem solving, planning and decision making
- Excellent Excel skills and good experience of other Microsoft Office programmes, for example, PowerPoint, Access, Word, etc.
- Ability to decide and set priorities together with flexibility towards changing circumstances
- Drive, commitment, hands-on mentality, affinity towards change and strong drive for results
- Strong customer/stakeholder orientation
At ARYZTA our employees are our number one asset and one of our key ingredients. If you are interested in applying for a position in ARYZTA please submit your complete application documents (CV and motivation letter).
We are looking forward to receiving your application on:
Each of our candidates throughout the world deserves to be treated with fairness, respect and dignity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring, training, compensating, and promoting persons based on their individual talents and abilities. We embrace diversity and opportunities are extended to employees and prospective employees without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, age, natural origin, family status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, local, or international laws.
ARYZTA Food Solutions Schweiz AG
Herr Alistair Tosh